Bowden Done

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Had to happen though. I think they have been owned for the last ten years in that state by first Miami and now UF. And those both look to still be doing fine and FSU is not the FSU we have been used to.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I always like the guy too. Seemed humble...always entertaining, and to be honest, I hope FSU continues their demise under the new coach. A guy like that should be able to stick around as long as he pleases.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
They offered him one more year with decreased coaching duties and this "coach in waiting" was going to get increased duties. Makes the "choice" to retire a lot easier for him.

kurecabinboy

Apr 22, 2008
I always like the guy too. Seemed humble...always entertaining, and to be honest, I hope FSU continues their demise under the new coach. A guy like that should be able to stick around as long as he pleases.

I totally agree, plus who really thinks Jimbo Fisher is going to do anything much different than what Bowden has done over the last 5 years?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I totally agree, plus who really thinks Jimbo Fisher is going to do anything much different than what Bowden has done over the last 5 years?

Hopefully, for their sake, his first contract as head coach is in the 3-5 year range. Nothing too long that they have to waste a crap load of cash buying out if he sucks.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I'm sure the 5 million that FSU would have owed Jimbo Fisher if he hadn't gotten the job after next season has nothing to do with it. I am kind of surprised that FSU didn't allow him one last chance for a victory lap.

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
Well at least this happened quickly and didn't drag out for a few years....

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Whoa...oh no...look out for Head Coach Jimbo Fisher ACC!! ...wait a minute...who?! Oh yeah, mini-Old Bowden.

They aren't scared.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
The guy had his chances the last 6 seasons. He continued to dissappoint fans with mediocre teams. He stopped winning in a talent-loaded high school haven that is Florida. I don't know if Jimbo is the answer, but BB was just being selfish by hanging around long past his welcome. He is like brett favre. Do you think FSU wanted to fire him? No. Not for all he'd done for them. But the guy needed to realize when his time was up. Thankfully that day has come.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The guy had his chances the last 6 seasons. He continued to dissappoint fans with mediocre teams. He stopped winning in a talent-loaded high school haven that is Florida. I don't know if Jimbo is the answer, but BB was just being selfish by hanging around long past his welcome. He is like brett favre. Do you think FSU wanted to fire him? No. Not for all he'd done for them. But the guy needed to realize when his time was up. Thankfully that day has come.

Not at all. Bowden has slipped into mediocrity. Favre is playing the best ball of his career.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

yeah, brett favre is definitely past his prime. good point.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
sorry to see him go but they need to bring someone else in cause jimbo fischer is not gonna be the answer thats for sure. They should make a run at Bob Stoops!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron