Bowl Game Projections

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
....camping world said if Notre Dame was available, they’d take ND AND Texas regardless of options. Just goes to show any dumbass can say anything. I guess that’s the internet for you.

What's worse is that we had Iowa State people repeating this. Got all pumped up for my dream match up for nothing.

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
3 teams that are bowl eligible didn’t make games. Buffalo, UTSA, Western Michigan.

I wonder how they determine who doesn’t get in a game.
They probably looked more into the resumes of teams that would get left out than they did over which teams to fill out the top 4. You’re telling me Alabama had the resume to be top 4, while also sticking to their “criteria” give me a break. Damn, I blacked out and went on a rant again. My bad.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

othercy

Mar 31, 2012
Northern CA
Campbell has his finger on the fan pulse ... probably knows some fans ambivalent.

From DMR:

“I guess I’m calling (on) all Cyclone fans right now — we need you there ready to rock and roll,” Campbell said.

Reactions: Cycsk

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
What's worse is that we had Iowa State people repeating this. Got all pumped up for my dream match up for nothing.
I LOVED the thought of that matchup. As far as growing a brand, you know people are going to watch Notre Dame. While I’m catholic, I don’t advocate Notre Dame as my second favorite team. What did irritate me about this matchup is I have some really good friends who go to ISU games, went to ISU, are from my little Iowa farm town, but they are huge Notre Dame fans because they are also catholic. They saw it as a win-win. If Iowa State ever played my second favorite team (Tennessee, don’t ask me why because I have no affiliation whatsoever) it wouldn’t even be a split second thought who I went for.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I LOVED the thought of that matchup. As far as growing a brand, you know people are going to watch Notre Dame. ......

ND is my second favorite team and I would have loved to see Iowa State beat them. It was only a win/win situation for us as the publicity we would have had nationally pre-game would have been huge. I know they'll never schedule us so I hope this isn't the only bowl oppurtunity that slips away.

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
ND is my second favorite team and I would have loved to see Iowa State beat them. It was only a win/win situation for us as the publicity we would have had nationally pre-game would have been huge. I know they'll never schedule us so I hope this isn't the only bowl oppurtunity that slips away.
While the last thing I want is Iowa State to lose, I would take almost anything to get a game like that. It’s almost like a job saying they want 5 years experience, but how do you get experience if every job that’ll hire you wants 5 years experience. Notre Dame is THE name brand, but if we ever played them, holy cow would that be incredible.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I LOVED the thought of that matchup. As far as growing a brand, you know people are going to watch Notre Dame. While I’m catholic, I don’t advocate Notre Dame as my second favorite team. What did irritate me about this matchup is I have some really good friends who go to ISU games, went to ISU, are from my little Iowa farm town, but they are huge Notre Dame fans because they are also catholic. They saw it as a win-win. If Iowa State ever played my second favorite team (Tennessee, don’t ask me why because I have no affiliation whatsoever) it wouldn’t even be a split second thought who I went for.

I knew a guy like that growing up. I assume he's also a Boston College, Creighton, and Georgetown fan?
vauEUgn.gif

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
https://www.statisticbrain.com/college-bowl-game-payouts/
This is not from this year, but I’d amazing it’s similar if not the same. If I’m reading this right that for the “big 6” bowl games the estimated Payout will be:
Big 12 $56 mil
Big 10 $62 mil
SEC $66 mil
PAC 12 $58 mil
ACC $60 mil

TCU not getting into a “big 6” bowl really hurts.

I hope we end up at least even with the other conferences overall

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
https://www.statisticbrain.com/college-bowl-game-payouts/
Am I reading this right that for the “big 6” bowl games the estimated Payout will be:
Big 12 $56 mil
Big 10 $62 mil
SEC $66 mil
PAC 12 $58 mil
ACC $60 mil

TCU not getting into a “big 6” bowl really hurts.

I hope we end up at least even with the other conferences overall
Plus this, “Big 6 bowls that don’t host a semifinal game, will split additional revenue with the participating teams/conferences.” so that sucks