BOWL: Liberty Bowl vs Memphis Dec 29

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
it’s just a little disappointing that we can finish essentially 3rd in the big 12 and get stuck playing a G5 team in the 5th best big 12 bowl

I’m not so much annoyed with the bowl game itself or the location rather than just the opponent.

Since the NY6 games aren't conference affiliated I don't know why anything else needs to be.

How about go through the teams and figure out fun matchups and go regional, etc.

ISU/WI would have been an interesting match up for example.

TigerFan17

Dec 5, 2017
Don't come for me, I'm a friendly Memphian, and we are excited to see y'all again. I see lots of y'all are disappointed and I hate to see that. We loved hosting y'all 6 years ago, even though the outcome of the game went in your direction.

I said it then, and I'll say it again. Ask me any questions about Memphis you may have. I'll gladly help however I can.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This is a better bowl game that I thought they’d make it to at the start of the year so….let’s go 8-5 and take the major upside going into next year
Nah, the big boys use bowl week to make their shopping lists.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Might as well fire up the grill, turn to Sirus 79 and sit outside- the Liberty Bowl experience!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Don't come for me, I'm a friendly Memphian, and we are excited to see y'all again. I see lots of y'all are disappointed and I hate to see that. We loved hosting y'all 6 years ago, even though the outcome of the game went in your direction.

You certainly can't be surprised to see that though.

This is our third time in this bowl game in 11 years and none of the 3 times were against the SEC tie-in the bowl is supposed to have, and 2 of them were road games instead of a neutral site.

Teams having home games for bowls should be against the rules. Except for maybe Hawaii.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022

I said it then, and I'll say it again. Ask me any questions about Memphis you may have. I'll gladly help however I can.
I think the disappointment is just mainly because we saw this game a few years ago and were looking forward to a new opponent we haven't played. That said, should be another good game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron