Bracketology 2024

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I mean, as I see the Omaha part: SDSU is just roadkill. The WSU/Drake winner is something of a challenge, but neither is really winning at Hilton West.

If Illinois survives BYU, they're a great one for our defense to dismantle. Then it's a natty game in the Elite Eight, where it doesn't belong for both the reasons we've all been mentioning (too early, too homecourt).

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I mean, as I see the Omaha part: SDSU is just roadkill. The WSU/Drake winner is something of a challenge, but neither is really winning at Hilton West.

If Illinois survives BYU, they're a great one for our defense to dismantle. Then it's a natty game in the Elite Eight, where it doesn't belong for both the reasons we've all been mentioning (too early, too homecourt).
The only way we show them their error is to kick UCONNs ass. Eventually they'll be crying about having to play us.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Oh, it's the only way forward. Survive, advance, and crush UConn. That's something we're good enough to do.
I don't think they're thrilled with the prospect. They'll expect to win, but they know what we've got.
It's a good point. The committee kind of screwed UConn by having us the worst two seed

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneSpinning

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Because the. NCAA snubbed us again. Time to bring out our secret weapon:
The German Deathmobile RAMMING SPEED!

Attachments

• IMG_1495.jpeg
    IMG_1495.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: Sigmapolis

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
To be the best, you need to beat the best!
Ehh, as a lifelong Cyclones, I prefer "To be the best, just win - playing the best or the worst".

I don't give a **** if we play the 6 easiest teams in the bracket or the 6 hardest, as long as we win. A W and trophy is the same either way.

Last edited:

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
would we be the 2nd game on saturday since were in the 2nd session on thursday? is that how it works?

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
would we be the 2nd game on saturday since were in the 2nd session on thursday? is that how it works?
I don't think so? I think they look at the matchups again cuz they want to maximize viewers. A 4-5 is going to pull in more viewers that a 4-12.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I don't think so? I think they look at the matchups again cuz they want to maximize viewers. A 4-5 is going to pull in more viewers that a 4-12.
Yeah, I truly don't know.

I was thinking more from a "rest" standpoint. Each team would have the same amount of time off, technically, if they did it that way

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
Sometime within the last 10 years, there was a website that allowed you to select your bracket based on blind resume/metrics. After you selected your champion, it would show your actual team selections. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or where I could find something similar?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Why? Drake doesn’t even make the tourney as an at large if they don’t win tourney. If Drake isn’t local this is a non story.

I totally don't get it either. They haven't been playing their best basketball lately. Gave up 105 to UIC, lost to UNI and had to really scratch out their last 2 tournament wins. Also, in watching Devries I don't think his game translates real well against P5 competition. In what I've watched, he gets by with his mixture of size and shooting against Valley teams. He wont be able to do that against Rob or Tre.

I may wind up being totally wrong, but give me that over some other 2nd round matchups that even the 1 seeds have like MSU or Texas AM.

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
Why? Drake doesn’t even make the tourney as an at large if they don’t win tourney. If Drake isn’t local this is a non story.
Drake (40) was actually above play-in game Virginia(41) and Colorado St.(44) on the seed listing, so it looks like they might actually have been in without the championship.

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
lol

lmao

Indiana State is 29th in the NET
Yeah clearly NET didn't matter.

The committee ranked the teams in the tournament. Drake was above 2 different at large teams selected by the committee. Why? Who knows, it clearly wasn't the NET. But, that shows either a win against Indiana State jumped them 6 spots (above the first four out and 2 play in teams), or they were close or in anyway. Or beating Indiana State is just that impressive.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
One of my rule of thumbs is you don’t necessarily want to play an in-state rival as the favorite in a tournament/playoffs format.

I have 0 evidence to back me up on that. Just a gut feeling. Also Drake is a good team imo (better than Michigan St, Clemson, Washington St, etc.)

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Drake (40) was actually above play-in game Virginia(41) and Colorado St.(44) on the seed listing, so it looks like they might actually have been in without the championship.
Yes - AFTER a quad 1 win the MVC final.

Flipping their best win of the season to an L, and they are out, not a question.

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy