Bracketology 2024

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I think we are either the top #2 seed now or last #1 seed. Lunardi has us in the same region as UConn which makes no sense if they're now top #1 seed and we are top #2 seed.

There's a lot of bad takes out there - 1 of which is "all the top seeds were locked in coming into the weekend." That might be true in a normal year - but I believe UNC losing to a team who wouldn't have been going to the tournament and ISU boat racing Houston by nearly 30 has made the committee reconsider things.

We may still end up as a 2 seed which is totally awesome...but the fact people are even discussing us as a 1 seed is surreal.

I'm more than happy with either - I just don't want to be in the same region as UConn!! If it's a #2 seed in Purdue's region I'd be happy.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Pollard publicly saying the committee is struggling with the field this year. Not looking good for Indiana State.

One or both of TCU and OU could end up NIT and that would be a lot to struggle with as it impacts conference shares of the $$$ pie

• Agree
Reactions: tzjung

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Oregon stealing another bid. This feels like the most bid stealers I've ever seen. The bubble that seemed pretty soft early this week suddenly got a lot more difficult
I was told by our local media 10 days ago that ISU was fading and that Iowa was just an Illinois win away from being off the bubble and in the tournament. Turns out they would probably still not be in with 20 wins and we just beat the number one team in America by 30.

Reactions: isufbcurt

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I think its generally 4 metrics averaged out to 2 scores. KPI and SOR are the performance metrics, KP (or POM) and BPI are the predictive. Last updates I saw tonight had our avg of performace at 5.5 and UNC at 4.5, and predictive at 6 with UNC at 9. the predictive shift is pretty sizeable, we both averaged 8 before todays games.
Dumb question, whats KPI then if not KP? I thought those were same thing but apparently not?

Reactions: rosshm16

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
So the analysis is we are a lock for Omaha regardless if we are a one or a two, and if we are a one there's a decent chance we play an 8/9 Nebraska in Omaha second round?

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
One or both of TCU and OU could end up NIT and that would be a lot to struggle with as it impacts conference shares of the $$$ pie
if that happens that would mean the Big 12 and Big 10 would get the same number of bids. There is no way that should be the case considering the extreme difference in the strength of the leagues.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
We are in omaha no matter what. And it has no affect on what seed we are or what region we are in.
Can you explain that to me, because I clearly don’t understand it lol. Going off of sites on lunardis bracket. He doesn’t have a 1 in Omaha

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
Can someone explain to me, with lunardi latest bracket... How is it possible to have us in the east as the 2 still? If we are the top 2 seed with the s curve they can't put us against the top 1... Right?

Sorry I just don't understand his bracket at all.

HackTheGibson

Feb 18, 2013
Omaha
I posted the above info back in this thread on Feb 28, but just a reminder for everyone in this thread, here are some good brackets to check out tonight and tomorrow morning, mine included.

Reading through these last 10 pages and the misinformation is honestly shocking. This isn't THAT difficult.
  1. Your 1st weekend site (Omaha) has no impact on your 2nd weekend site (Detroit or Boston or LA).
  2. What days you play on 1st weekend has no impact on dates you can or can't play on 2nd weekend.
  3. If teams from the same conference are in the overall top-16 list, they must be placed in different regions (Midwest, East, West, South), but CAN PLAY at the same 1st weekend site (e.g. ISU/Kansas can both play in Omaha).
I will have an updated seed list later tonight with the top 16 designated to their regions and will have an updated bracket tomorrow mid-afternoon. I want to wait and see what happen in Ivy, A-10, and American finals before going through the headache of arranging the bracket.
@RagingCloner see marmot's post here and some of their others

• Informative
Reactions: RagingCloner

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
One final thought about the one seed: it would bring more negative drama (seems like we're always in the middle of drama) than the two seed from the national talking heads like Bilas. And we'd have an even bigger target on our backs. Not saying those are bad things, but it does create distractions.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Can someone explain to me, with lunardi latest bracket... How is it possible to have us in the east as the 2 still? If we are the top 2 seed with the s curve they can't put us against the top 1... Right?

Sorry I just don't understand his bracket at all.
Lunardi doesnt have them as the top2. The top 2 seed goes to the closest region. He must have ISU 6 or 7.

Help Support Us

Become a patron