Bracketology 2024

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I’m pretty sure none of these Bracketology experts are involved with the making of the actual bracket.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Man, I can't say I love either of their profiles.
View attachment 124980
I really don't either. It's just interesting how Iowa's getting all this love from the media (BTN, Lunardi, Andy Katz, etc.). And Cincy has a similar profile in a much tougher conference. And most pundits have them not getting in or with a very slim chance.

There's a real log jam of teams with records similar to Iowa's and Cincy's. I really hope the committee isn't overly influenced by the media narrative of what seems like an almost predetermined # of teams from certain conferences that must get in.

Reactions: Dirt Boy 2

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If you geographically protected the Top 8 seeds while avoiding conferences opponents from playing each other I'm not sure it would be possible to seed the tournament.

Want protection? Win more.
The question is why should a 10 seed get placed less then an hour from campus? THEY'RE A ******* 10 SEED!!!

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Baylor moved ahead of us as the 2 seed in a lot of brackets (though a win tonight would potentially move us back ahead of them).

Palms latest update has us as the 3 seed in the west (first rounds in Omaha) with a 2nd round potential matchup vs Clemson. Which I think we would all enjoy.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
That Drake neutral court blowout over Nevada is aging quite well. I'm not sure it's "likely" they get an at-large in the event that they lose to Indiana State in the championship but it doesn't seem impossible either. They're right there. 3-1 in Quad 1 is an attractive look for a mid.

Reactions: NoCreativity

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
The Alabama, Illinois, and San Diego St. losses yesterday make it feel like a 3 seed is our floor if we win at least one of the next two.

The Marquette game tonight will play a factor in the 2 vs 3 seed situation. If Marquette beats UConn it feels like they will have a 2 seed locked up. If they lose, particularity by 10 or more, we likely move ahead of them if we can beat BYU.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
That Drake neutral court blowout over Nevada is aging quite well. I'm not sure it's "likely" they get an at-large in the event that they lose to Indiana State in the championship but it doesn't seem impossible either. They're right there. 3-1 in Quad 1 is an attractive look for a mid.

Drake has the same # of Q1 wins as Iowa, even though Iowa has had 11 Q1 chances and Drake has had 4.

Drake is 24-6 and Iowa is 18-12. Drake is 9 spots higher in NET than Iowa.

The committee 100% should (but often doesn't) reward teams like Drake over average P6 teams.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
For purposes of variety and intrigue, it would be nice to get a mid-major like Drake in as an "at large" to the Dance if they make it to the Championship game of the MVC Tournament only to lose to Indiana State. I'd take a Drake and their high scoring offense and local interest over another middling major conference program like a Providence or Michigan State any day. Not sure if it's likely and if I had to, I'd bet against it, but it would be more exciting.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Games to end the regular season that would help us get a 2 seed:

UConn winning at Marquette
Houston winning against Kansas
Texas Tech winning against Baylor
North Carolina winning at Duke (Duke winning big could help us move ahead of UNC though)

groomsie

Sep 22, 2011
Stoughton, WI
While getting a 2 seed would be great, I don't think it matters a ton if we end up with a 3 as long as we land in Omaha (which does seem the way most of these are leaning). Very little difference in match ups, the 2-3 would by chalk still play in S16, and the team could use the "slight" of a 3 seed for a bit more motivation.

Hoping we get the 2 but not too broken if it's a 3.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
While getting a 2 seed would be great, I don't think it matters a ton if we end up with a 3 as long as we land in Omaha (which does seem the way most of these are leaning). Very little difference in match ups, the 2-3 would by chalk still play in S16, and the team could use the "slight" of a 3 seed for a bit more motivation.

Hoping we get the 2 but not too broken if it's a 3.
If it is 8 vs 9 on the s-curve, I agree it doesn't matter much. But if we end up in the same region as the top 2 seed, likely Arizona or Tennessee, that feels a fair bit different than a team like Creighton as a 3 seed. Playing in Omaha likely comes down to finishing ahead of either Kansas or Baylor, but a 2 seed virtually assures that being the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: groomsie