Bracketology 2024

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Apparently, the committee has had all #1 seeds play on Friday. Didn’t realize that was an unwritten rule.

When?

Alabama, Houston, and Kansas all started on Thursday last year.
Gonzaga, Baylor, and Kansas all started on Thursday in 2022.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
If you have not bought tickets for Omaha yet may not hurt to buy now. I bought an all session pass on StubHub right after tipoff tonight and the cheapest upper deck seats are already going nearly $100 more a seat now for an all session pass. Guessing once it's official and game times are announced the ISU session on Thursday will be crazy high so I'm betting on what I paid for 3 sessions is still significantly less than what the Thursday ISU session and Saturday would have cost separately.

I figure Drake and/or Nebraska will be placed in Omaha too so I'm going to enjoy watching every game there. Luckily have family that lives in Omaha too so saving on hotel and plan to make this a fun 3 day trip.

Reactions: agentbear

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Here are the sites and dates. Apparently you can't be Thursday Saturday next week then Friday Sunday the following.

So since ISU will be in Omaha and play Thur/Sat, they can’t be in the South or Midwest Regions since thosr regions play Fri/Sat of the following week? Not sure if this is correct, but if so, it’s asinine.

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
So since ISU will be in Omaha and play Thur/Sat, they can’t be in the South or Midwest Regions since thosr regions play Fri/Sat of the following week? Not sure if this is correct, but if so, it’s asinine.

Ehh....I'm pretty sure that's not true unless it is a new rule. You can do a Friday/Sunday 1st weekend and then do a Thurs/Sat Sweet 16 weekend.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Also cheer for VCU tomorrow to win the A-10 bid. Not much but would still help our resume since we beat them.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
If you have not bought tickets for Omaha yet may not hurt to buy now. I bought an all session pass on StubHub right after tipoff tonight and the cheapest upper deck seats are already going nearly $100 more a seat now for an all session pass. Guessing once it's official and game times are announced the ISU session on Thursday will be crazy high so I'm betting on what I paid for 3 sessions is still significantly less than what the Thursday ISU session and Saturday would have cost separately.

I figure Drake and/or Nebraska will be placed in Omaha too so I'm going to enjoy watching every game there. Luckily have family that lives in Omaha too so saving on hotel and plan to make this a fun 3 day trip.
Yikes, just checked Vivid Seats and lowest priced tickets are mid $300s.

Reactions: agentbear

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
No. He's full of ****.

There's so much bad and stupid information in this thread.
I am starting to figure that out. Just assumed people wouldn’t put stuff out there if they hadn’t researched that matter and made certain it was accurate. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I'm not the one to ask. I thought you could. But some condescending ass hat said you can't now another jackass says you can. All I can tell you for sure is it's easy to figure out who attended grade school after they started cracking down on bullying.

• Haha
Reactions: Jayshellberg

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Jay Williams said Houston should be the fourth of the 1-seeds after today's outcome. With that line of thinking, Purdue lost so I suppose that would put them as the first 2-seed, right?

My main point: all these talking heads don't know jack squat, but the lack of respect given the best league in the land is tiresome.
Talking heads have a laughable amount of recency bias. Childlike levels

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Yikes, just checked Vivid Seats and lowest priced tickets are mid $300s.
Upper level tix with fees are actually selling for around $110 for sessions 1 and 2, including fees. Lower level tix are double that amount. Saturday tix are higher and closer to the amount you listed, depending on your seats.

Last edited:

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
The reason the talking heads are dropping Houston harder than Purdue is because they got xhit stomped completely. Playing your best ball at the end of the season matters and that type of loss really hurts their status. The tv cameras on Houston’s bench the last 3 minutes looked like a herd of deer looking at headlights.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
I haven't looked past the 2 seed today, is ku still looking like they will luck into Omaha as well? That will probably have a big impact on tickets as well.

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Although I think ISU’s resume compares very favorably to NC’s, I would be fine with the overall #5 seed and not being placed in the East Region. I honestly think this team has earned such consideration.

Last edited: