Bracketology 2024

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
3 hours to go. I won’t be disappointed no matter where ISU lands in the bracket. If this team can perform like they did this past week, they shouldn’t be afraid to play anyone/anywhere. The other team should be afraid of ISU!

I’m just going to sit back and enjoy what’s left of the season

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Thought it was interesting during halftime of the Drake women's game they had Ohio St as the 2 in iowa's region.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
This is helpful. So it’s somewhat ambiguous how this all happens and the committee does have some discretion.
Not really, just why it's such a crapshoot. I spent 15 minutes typing out the scenario I think is going to happen only to see it ends with Marquette in the East and don't want to open the can of worms of why Marquette could play UCONN again and what the NCAAs remedies are if they didn't want that to happen, but it is almost impossible for ISU to play in Dallas.

Reactions: billpickles

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
We are gonna be 2 in east. I know it. Ugh

At least we are so much stronger inside than last year where Clingan killed us with 15 pts, 10 rebounds. He didn't even play that many minute or he'd have doubled those numbers.

Don't like being on a path with the overall #1 and possibly as the top 2 seed like we were in 2000, but I don't think anybody is an automatic mismatch for us this year with the depth. Even that 2000 team was not as deep as this year's team, starting five was at least as good though.

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Though I imagine there are a good number of crossover fans between Creighton and Nebraska. Some of them may have taken advantage of early tickets simply because its a chance to watch the games close by even if they're neutral fans of the games being played.
Nebraska football fans have traditionally been Creighton basketball fans…because they are “bandwagony”. So yes, you’re probably right.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
So much time wasted arguing about something you have no input or sway on. In 2 1/2 hours you can celebrate or whine about the actual result of this GREAT season!

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I'm fine with us being a 2. Being a 2 in the East would suck though. Put us in the Midwest you cowards.

• Winner
Reactions: Die4Cy

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Could someone show us the Tennessee Iowa State resume breakdowns. I'm interested in knowing what they have that some consider them a more worthy seed then us.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Not really, just why it's such a crapshoot. I spent 15 minutes typing out the scenario I think is going to happen only to see it ends with Marquette in the East and don't want to open the can of worms of why Marquette could play UCONN again and what the NCAAs remedies are if they didn't want that to happen, but it is almost impossible for ISU to play in Dallas.
I thought one of the hard and fast rules is that we can’t be in region with Houston and Marquette can’t be with UConn?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Could someone show us the Tennessee Iowa State resume breakdowns. I'm interested in knowing what they have that some consider them a more worthy seed then us.

ISU should be above them, clearly.

MgVZLfj.png

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
At least we are so much stronger inside than last year where Clingan killed us with 15 pts, 10 rebounds. He didn't even play that many minute or he'd have doubled those numbers.

Don't like being on a path with the overall #1 and possibly as the top 2 seed like we were in 2000, but I don't think anybody is an automatic mismatch for us this year with the depth. Even that 2000 team was not as deep as this year's team, starting five was at least as good though.
This does have that feel. Putting us with the number 1 overall seed with them having the home court advantage. The NCAA championship game being held for a chance to go to the final four. Such a Cyclonesque thing to happen.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
I thought one of the hard and fast rules is that we can’t be in region with Houston and Marquette can’t be with UConn?
Teams from the same conference shall not meet prior to the regional final if they played each other three or more times during the regular season and conference tournament.

Teams from the same conference shall not meet prior to the regional semifinals if they played each other twice during the regular season and conference tournament.

Teams from the same conference may play each other as early as the second round if they played no more than once during the regular season and conference tournament.

This is the rule from the NCAA.

Deleted the scenario, I had an incorrect pairing but the end result would have been the same moving a team up or down to have them avoid a conference foe

Last edited: