Brackets released

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I like our chances of getting out of Minneapolis. I also think we are capable of beating California. Nebraska is the match we need to play at our highest level to go to the Final Four. Are we capable? Yes we are. Good luck ladies.

I think we got a good draw too. Minny is beatable.
I don't think Cal is, however. They swept Stanford this year, and the Bears are my pick to come out of the Seattle regional.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
Christy said she likes our bracket, but, are you kidding me? Hawaii, Cal, and Nebraska all in the same bracket?

Then, Michigan and Washington having to play each other, when I am sure each of them would feel like they had a shot at a seed.

I don't get Hawaii's seeding. Yeah they had a bad upset, but many thought they are considered to be one of the top 5 teams in the country.

And Tornado Man is right, Penn St. has, yet again, a cake walk, no offense UNI fans.

The NCAA Volleyball seedings/bracket continue to be the worst of any sport.

I would rather us have to play Cal than Nebraska if we beat Minny. I think we have more of an advantage when playing teams that haven't played us before.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
I think we got a good draw too. Minny is beatable.
I don't think Cal is, however. They swept Stanford this year, and the Bears are my pick to come out of the Seattle regional.

Hopefully we can beat Creighton and then Minny.
But honestly, Minny scares me. Did any of you see the game on Saturday vs Penn State on Big Ten Network ? One of the best games i've ever seen. They downed PSU after getting behind 2-0. They played extremely well. Lauren Gibbemeyer is really dangerous: definitely their best player and emotional leader.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Christy said she likes our bracket, but, are you kidding me? Hawaii, Cal, and Nebraska all in the same bracket?

Then, Michigan and Washington having to play each other, when I am sure each of them would feel like they had a shot at a seed.

I don't get Hawaii's seeding. Yeah they had a bad upset, but many thought they are considered to be one of the top 5 teams in the country.

And Tornado Man is right, Penn St. has, yet again, a cake walk, no offense UNI fans.

The NCAA Volleyball seedings/bracket continue to be the worst of any sport.

I would rather us have to play Cal than Nebraska if we beat Minny. I think we have more of an advantage when playing teams that haven't played us before.

I would say UNI "earned" their #5 seeding, as they went undefeated in a conference that got 4 bids to the NCAA's. But there's no way they're the #5 team in the country. Very scrappy, very well-coached - CJL repects their program tons. But their lack of height will kill them against a Penn State, for example.
By not getting a seed in the top 16, we knew we'd be getting a good team in the 2nd round, and also wouldn't be getting 1st-2nd rounds at Hilton. Not getting a seed hurts you a lot.
Yeah, we're big underdogs against Minny, but I also think any team is nervous playing ISU.
Seattle is just loaded. BTW, Cal got screwed with a #7 seed. Good god, they (not Stanford) won the Pac-10, the best volleyball conference in the country.
If ISU gets that far, I'd rather play Nebby than Cal. I think Cal will win the national title.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I would say UNI "earned" their #5 seeding, as they went undefeated in a conference that got 4 bids to the NCAA's. But there's no way they're the #5 team in the country.
By not getting a seed in the top 16, we knew we'd be getting a good team in the 2nd round, and also wouldn't be getting 1st-2nd rounds at Hilton. Not getting a seed hurts you a lot.
Seattle is just loaded. BTW, Cal got screwed with a #7 seed. Good god, they (not Stanford) won the Pac-10, the best volleyball conference in the country.
If ISU gets that far, I'd rather play Nebby than Cal. I think Cal will win the national title.
Well, now we know a lot more. There were 16 first round sites:
Big 10- 5 Teams at home, 8 teams total, 6 in Sweet 16, 4 Regions
Pac-10- 4 Teams at home, 6 teams total, 4 in Sweet 16, 2 Regions
SEC- 1 Team at home, 6 teams total, 1 in Sweet 16, #1 Florida
Big XII- 3 Teams at home, 5 teams total, 4 in Sweet 16, 3 Regions
ACC- 1 Team at home, 5 teams total, 1 in Sweet 16, #12 Duke
MVC- 1 Team at home, 4 teams total, 0 in Sweet 16
Atlantic Sun- 1 Team at home, #14 Dayton lost to Ohio State, which is essentially a home game for OSU.

You appear to be rewarded for last year's play (finish). How else do the #4 and #9 teams get to be home through regionals? I've been saying the Big 10 is getting helped in this thing for a long time. Their teams are spread over greater regions, with more teams at home. Again. Gives them a huge advantage. The Big XII got out into more regions this year, thankfully. Hopefully, our conference keeps playing well, and makes us look better. Helps recruiting to play those teams. The Final 4 is such a huge exposure for a team, getting there makes a program very visible.

Why don't we play Illinois? Seems like a cheap road trip for good competition.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron