Breaking Bad

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I think the hype of breaking bad really got to me. Found the series to be lacking. It was solid... Glad I watched... Wish there was more surprises and plot twists.

I'd give it a B-.

I will watch better call Saul for sure

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Probably mad that I JUST finished it... And Walt's ******* wife didn't take a bullet in the head. I hoped for that since season one.

It really was a good show. I just hated that ugly *****

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Probably mad that I JUST finished it... And Walt's ******* wife didn't take a bullet in the head. I hoped for that since season one.

I think waiting week to week for Breaking Bad created a better experience than Netflix. A lot of suspense and overanalyzing what would happen by everyone. Some great cliffhangers throughout the series.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Breaking bad partially ruined TV for me, because so many shows are now unwatchable because of how good breaking bad was.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

Skylar was very conflicting for me. She wasn't particularly likable and did some awful things, but can you imagine what she was put through? She was just trying to support a sick husband and their kids in the beginning.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Skylar was very conflicting for me. She wasn't particularly likable and did some awful things, but can you imagine what she was put through? She was just trying to support a sick husband and their kids in the beginning.

You wanted to be sympathetic for her, but at the end of the day you just couldn't. She's a white collar criminal that cooked the books for the boss that she was ****ing, and then when she found out just how much $$$ Walt was bringing in she went back to him and willingly laundered the $$$ for him with her own laundering scheme. She's a criminal judging her dying husband for his criminal activities, and when she wasn't happy with him she was trying to speed up his lung cancer by smoking around him.

Honestly, between Skylar and Walt, I'm not sure which is the worse human being. The people I really feel sorry for in this show were the kids and Skylar's sister (for all the character problems she had).

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
BTW, Gus Fring's "Pop" doll might be the best in the entire series

41nWL5%2BFN5L._SY355_.jpg

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Whoa up, there, Podnahs. You seem to be forgetting that almost everyone in the series "broke bad", not just Walt. No matter how you felt about any of them, even the DEA agents were not 100% pure. Even many of the children are bad, working for the dopers, shooting people, and don't forget to remember Flynn's high-handed moralistic judgment of his father... In her defense, Skylar is no exception and not even the worst of the bunch.

No, the most despicable woman in the series is not Skylar, and not even the heinous Lydia, but that nasty, lying, thieving piece of work, Marie. Either her or Jesse's mom. Even Ain't No Skank was less of a skank than these last two.

Here, for everyone's enjoyment, that delicious "I Hain't No Skank" skank:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KGggdwNjuU