Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Wasn't Metcalf the guy that shoved a dude over after losing to him in the NCAAs?

Guess its time to give him a second chance.

• Agree
Reactions: 6scrapper7

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I mentioned it in another thread, but Metcalf really mellowed out on the international scene.

In college he was hyper-intense(good trait for a wrestler to have) and his interviews sounded like a brainwashed maniac.

In recent years he has mellowed out, opened up and became quite likable.

• Informative
Reactions: Doc

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I mentioned it in another thread, but Metcalf really mellowed out on the international scene.

In college he was hyper-intense(good trait for a wrestler to have) and his interviews sounded like a brainwashed maniac.

In recent years he has mellowed out, opened up and became quite likable.

Gilmans interviews were like that this year. Then again, Brands does quite a bit of that style also.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I'm putting complete trust in Dresser. The job that he does in resurrecting the ISU program will ultimately determine his legacy in the world of college wrestling. He knows it and there's no way he's putting his Hawkeye roots ahead of that. If these are the guys he wants then more power to him. We gave the "keeping it in the Cyclone family" thing a try and it ended with us scoring one point at the NCAA tournament. While part of me would like to have some Cyclone ties on the staff, I'd much rather return to national prominence.

Give 'em hell boys.

6scrapper7

Jan 1, 2017
Can't help but think that after KD watched our three at nationals he realized that the culture at ISU had to completely change. I'm excited about these assistants. GO CYCLONES !

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
Yep, I love the hires! About time we return the favor for Gable. Our recruiting should take off, i expect a top 5 recruiting class possibly even next year especially depending on who we get for athletes at the RTC. We should have a ton of scholly $$ available next year assuming we don't get anyone new this year.

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
We also got a new commitment from Jacob Krakow, a dude from Iowa Valley. I'm guessing he won state or placed, also guessing he isn't getting too much $$.

Reactions: BCClone

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Kudos and welcome aboard, all!

I trust Coach Dresser on this.

They are a bit heavier than some current ISU guys and guys who ISU would like to have come who have expressed interest in international competition, but also address a need there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron