Brewery Discoveries on Vacation

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
New Realm in ATL. Great beer and an awesome rooftop patio. If your ever in Atlanta I’d highly recommend it.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Pittsburgh 3 years ago
I went to Grist House, Southern Tier, Fat Head, and Brew Gentlemen.

Southern Tier was probably my favorite. If you don't like Pumpkins, then I would put them near the bottom of this list. I had 4 or 5 different variants of Warlock/Pumking.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
This wasn't on vacation but I was in Cedar Falls the other day and was pretty impressed with Lark Brewing in College Square Mall. On a side note, I hadn't seen College Square in 20 years, yowsa that's sad.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Kansas City

I'm embarrassed to say that it took me about 20 visits before visiting Boulevard. I know a lot of their mainstream stuff is kind of boring but their taproom is awesome and they have all their specialty beers. Beers like Dark Truth, Love Child, Rye on Rye on Rye, Rainstorm, and some experimental brews.

City Barrel and BK Artisan Ales are the two big ones I want to visit the next time I visit KC. I've heard KC Bier Co. is pretty cool if you like their kind of beer, which I don't.

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
Kansas City

I'm embarrassed to say that it took me about 20 visits before visiting Boulevard. I know a lot of their mainstream stuff is kind of boring but their taproom is awesome and they have all their specialty beers. Beers like Dark Truth, Love Child, Rye on Rye on Rye, Rainstorm, and some experimental brews.

City Barrel and BK Artisan Ales are the two big ones I want to visit the next time I visit KC. I've heard KC Bier Co. is pretty cool if you like their kind of beer, which I don't.

KC Bier company is what I miss most about K. And the Bier Station.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Barrel Theory and Fair State are my favorites in the Twin Cities. Dangerous Man and Indeed have never lived up to the hype for me
Dangerous Man has the cool building but I don't love their beer. Too many of their beers don't taste like beer and Bauhaus has an even cooler building.

If you venture to the suburbs, my favorites are Lift Bridge in Stillwater, Invictus in Blaine, and Omni in Maple Grove.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The Angry Hog Brewery is in Austin Mn. just a few blocks N of 90. It is worth the stop. Went 4-4 on their flight a honeywheat, jalapeno, oatmeal stout, and a amber all very smooth and easily drinkable.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The Angry Hog Brewery is in Austin Mn. just a few blocks N of 90. It is worth the stop. Went 4-4 on their flight a honeywheat, jalapeno, oatmeal stout, and a amber all very smooth and easily drinkable.

Did anyone get a Shut Up Kevin while you were there?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Miner Brewing in Hill City, SD was a place we stumbled across last year that had killer beer. They had a pretty restricted setting due to COVID, so looking forward to checking out their regular set up when we head out there next week

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Newport, OR. Bier One Brewing. Small brewer, but a solid mix of good beers. Just a couple blocks away from the beach so walkable from the hotels there.