Brian Kelly hired as ND coach

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
This is the same guy everyone on here was bagging on a few years ago screaming how we did way better hiring Chizik. This guy can flat out coach and will bring Notre Dame back to Hateability levels that they have not seen since Lou Holtz was there. Hating Notre Dame lately just has not been as fun as Hating Charlie Weiss.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
Big mistake on Kelly's part in my opinion.

ND has only won 1 bowl game in 15 years, they are old irrelevant news in the world of college football. Until they lighten up their admissions and lose their insane expectations in the parity of college football, the job is a death sentence.

Good luck Kelly. :biggrin:

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
They could have done better but they could have done a lot worse as well.

Who do you think they could have got? Urban Meyer would have bet smart to go to Notre Dame IMO and would have been a great pickup but I doubt Notre Dame ever had a chance with him.

I would take Kelly over Stoops IMO

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

ND has only won 1 bowl game in 15 years, they are old irrelevant news in the world of college football. Until they lighten up their admissions and lose their insane expectations in the parity of college football, the job is a death sentence.

No offense but Cincinnati has not been the greatest team in the Nation before Kelly got there. He will kill it at ND.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007

Good luck Kelly. :biggrin:

8th
2nd
21st
12th

Last 4 recruiting classes for Notre Dame. They still get top of the line talent. Coaching just was awful.

They will be in a BCS game in 2 years.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I am willing to bet next year.

Nah they lose Golden Tate and Jimmy Clauson who are there only REAL brightspots this year. Maybe 2 years after he get's his system in place and they have a QB that has had his system for 2 years.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
No offense but Cincinnati has not been the greatest team in the Nation before Kelly got there. He will kill it at ND.

8th
2nd
21st
12th

Last 4 recruiting classes for Notre Dame. They still get top of the line talent. Coaching just was awful.

They will be in a BCS game in 2 years.

I think Kelly needs to be in a BCS game in two years, otherwise it's his ***. I will be very impressed if he does make it, considering he lost the QB and what's his name already to the NFL draft.

I don't understand why some of these coaches take off so easily for other schools. He could have gotten the raise he wanted at Cincy, kept his staff (which is obviously good) and based on the past couple years of success, recruited very well.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think Kelly needs to be in a BCS game in two years, otherwise it's his ***. I will be very impressed if he does make it, considering he lost the QB and what's his name already to the NFL draft.

I don't understand why some of these coaches take off so easily for other schools. He could have gotten the raise he wanted at Cincy, kept his staff (which is obviously good) and based on the past couple years of success, recruited very well.

1) I guarantee you he couldn't have gotten the money ND will pay him at Cincy
2) ND's facilities, stadium and fan support are much higher than Cincy's.
3) At Cincy, he made the best out of the recruits he could get. At ND he can get any recruit he wants.
4) He'll never go undefeated at ND and not win a championship

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
1) I guarantee you he couldn't have gotten the money ND will pay him at Cincy
2) ND's facilities, stadium and fan support are much higher than Cincy's.
3) At Cincy, he made the best out of the recruits he could get. At ND he can get any recruit he wants.
4) He'll never go undefeated at ND and not win a championship

1. Maybe/maybe not. They were working on a new deal, we may never know.
2. ND is leaps and bounds better then Cincy in all those regards. Why not build that at Cincy? It reminds me of the HB argument, come to ISU and make history or go to UNC and be just another player? He put Cincy on the map, he could have become a legend there.
3. Not sure he can get any recruit he wants at ND, admissions are a *****.
4. Agreed.