Briles gonna Briles gonna Briles

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
The board will have a couple of harrumphs, promise to change their ways, maybe have an over sight committee, but they will just proceed as before.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Little surprised Starr may take the fall for this. Both people charged with rape went to prison, I'm not sure how the one guy managed to rape 4 and assault 1 before going to prison and if he was on the team that whole time.

mcfaj0dm

Mar 30, 2006

That last line is laughably telling about the whole thing.

[FONT=proxima_regular]"The feeling is if the board got rid of Art (Briles), they'd be sitting in a $300 million mausoleum instead of that new football stadium," one source close to the situation told HD."[/FONT]

Game day above all else.

Not saying Starr is without fault in this. But he ought to go down screaming and taking everyone else with him. He didn't bring these people on campus, and I'm sure he didn't know a tenth as much about what was going on as Briles.

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
What a complete joke. So Starr will be the fall guy, but he'll be given a position in the Baylor law school and will be making the same salary as he does now. What a punishment.

And of course Briles skates by with nothing because he wins football games. What a sad society we live in. Is it really surprising that Paterno got away with what he did? If you win football games, you can get away with anything.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Was never a fan of Starr but I will change my tune if he goes out kicking and screaming.

But he's not "going out". They are just making up a new position for him in the law school making the same amount of money as he does now. That is smart on Baylor's part because it will keep him from running his mouth and going off on the school.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
That last line is laughably telling about the whole thing.

Game day above all else.

Not saying Starr is without fault in this. But he ought to go down screaming and taking everyone else with him. He didn't bring these people on campus, and I'm sure he didn't know a tenth as much about what was going on as Briles.

So basically:
Football > Preventing Rape

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
...aannnddd my apathy towards college football continues to grow.

Me too. This is probably the least interested in athletics that I've ever been in my life. It's becoming less and less about the sport and competition as every year goes by. They are ruining all sports IMO.

All this realignment conference talk every year in college is driving me away from college athletics completely. Just sick and tired of it. Money, money, money.... that's all that matters. I really feel for the student athletes the most, and the fans next. We're all being used.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Me too. This is probably the least interested in athletics that I've ever been in my life. It's becoming less and less about the sport and competition as every year goes by. They are ruining all sports IMO.

All this realignment conference talk every year in college is driving me away from college athletics completely. Just sick and tired of it. Money, money, money.... that's all that matters. I really feel for the student athletes the most, and the fans next. We're all being used.

That's what always mattered. We're just seeing a little more behind the curtain now.
It's not exactly inspiring to see how it really works.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
That's what always mattered. We're just seeing a little more behind the curtain now.
It's not exactly inspiring to see how it really works.

Agree somewhat with you, however, there wasn't conference realignment talk literally every single year back in the day. I know it's always been about the money, but it is a LOT worse now.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Agree somewhat with you, however, there wasn't conference realignment talk literally every single year back in the day. I know it's always been about the money, but it is a LOT worse now.

I think the constant talk is where the curtain is pulled back a little.
If we went archive digging, we'd almost certainly see that the talk was happening before, but now we actually see some of what happens.

There is a lot more money now, though.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Hah. Starr gets a little taste of his own medicine. Briles should still be canned too and the NCAA should investigate and come down hard on them if cause is found. But we all know that chances of that are less than 0%.