The State of Hockey
attachment.php

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 743

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
How drunk do you really have to be to get on a table at a bar and start screaming about Allah? That's just nuts.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
If it helps demonstrate a lack of accuracy further. Their national archives have a rare map (the only full version of it with the other two existing in pieces in Cedar Falls and Waterloo) of Black Hawk County, Iowa in their collection cataloged under Ohio.

HOWEVER this is definitely not a situation of a Brit not having knowledge of the states in a different country (can you name all of the states/provinces in Canada, Mexico or Great Britain?)

The author is a New Yorker who contributes US stuff to them. The fact that eastern US urbanites have issues naming the 50 states and knowing there is a difference between them is a different thing all together.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
The confusion of Idaho, Iowa and Ohio is very common in most of the U.S. I can't tell you how many times I have been asked if Iowa was where they grow potatoes. While I agree that you should know all states and where they are located, I also think that it is very understandable that most people either don't know or care about Iowa.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Most Americans don't know the difference, so I wouldn't expect foreigners to know either.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Is it just me or does that bar not look as panicked as the article made it sound? Seems like half the people are still sitting in their seats haha