Brock vs Minnesota

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
'''

- Mostly kids wearing TOE Kittle jerseys. One adult in full hack gear waved a hack flag over the railing in our section (238).

As always, TOE "Travels Well" for no particular reason, other than to stink up the place with the cult "Brand."

- Pregame atmosphere outside US Bank is pretty neat. Huge fan experience setting with food trucks, music and games for all ages.
Yes, Green Bay Fans I know are starting to note "We are getting old and enjoy going to Lambeau, but I can't do the cold." If the Vikes start to win it will be interesting to see Green Bay as the most Northerly stadium (Lumen in Seattle is on the warm coast, so discount it) and how they make it more fun to do a game if the on-field product is not stellar.
- After the game, I saw why there are fights in the walkways every Sunday. Viking fans talking crap. Get over yourself. Be happy with the win but head on home.
If there are fights don't think it is a "Vikings only thing." I don't do many games but can't say I have witnessed this. I do not believe that Minnesota is any tackier than other fans, though after working there for five years I do think Minnesota nice is real but overstated.

Reactions: CoachKM

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Kirk isn't perfect but I think he should be considered for the hall of fame when his career is over.

Current lifetime stats are nearly 40,000 yards passing, 67% completions and a 98 QBR. Averaging 263 passing yards per game. Has 268 TDs to 110 INTs.

All of this playing for teams that have an overall record of only 77-70-2.

• Haha
Reactions: zarnold56 and NWICY

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
31 QBs dont win a super bowl each year.

Only 3 active QBs have a super bowl ring. You say Cousins isn't "top 5/6". How do you determine this? Wilson, Mahommes, and Stafford aren't coming to MN, so what new QB will take MN to the super bowl and how do you determine this? What metrics are you looking at?
Not my job to figure out the next QB for the Vikings. You could ask every GM in the league, none of them would have Cousins in their top five QBs, even though with last nights performance he moved up from 8th to 5th in the latest QB rankings. Eli Manning won a couple of SB, no one out there thinks he was a great QB, but he has the rings.

The guy is what he is, much like Dak Prescott, good at times, but when the heat is on, and you need him to make plays to win the game, the guy will pee down his leg.
Have a great day.

CoachKM

Sep 19, 2008
West Des Moines
If there are fights don't think it is a "Vikings only thing." I don't do many games but can't say I have witnessed this. I do not believe that Minnesota is any tackier than other fans, though after working there for five years I do think Minnesota nice is real but overstated.

Oops...I meant NFL games in general with post game fights in the corridors....not just in Minnesota! No fights last night that I saw, just loud chest beating!

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: StClone and JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
My older son (mid 20s) my wife and myself were there last night. I am a lifelong Viking fan so had mixed feelings about the game. Wore a Vikings long sleeve and an ISU hat. Son did the same. Wife went all ISU. 2nd time at US Bank. My takes:

- 49er fans travel well and are very supportive, almost bordering on entitled. But Super Bowl wins might have something to do with that...Was impressed with the percentage wearing red.

- ISU was well represented last night by both sides. That was pretty awesome. A few ISU Purdy jerseys, a few Ray Gun shirts. Many 49er Purdy jerseys.

- Mostly kids wearing TOE Kittle jerseys. One adult in full hack gear waved a hack flag over the railing in our section (238).

- Pregame atmosphere outside US Bank is pretty neat. Huge fan experience setting with food trucks, music and games for all ages.

- I thought Purdy played well. Our seats gave us a great end zone view of the field and his touch and placement on passes is outstanding. The last Int might have been a poor choice, but the loss should not be pinned solely on him.

-Same with Kirk Cousins, thought he played very well as well. 49ers couldn't get to him and he made some great throws.

- After the game, I saw why there are fights in the walkways every Sunday. Viking fans talking crap. Get over yourself. Be happy with the win but head on home.

-Driving back to WDM, I saw the Chris Williams Iowa Everywhere/CF pick up. Nice ride.

- Did anyone else drive through the hail storm between Owatonna and Albert Lea about 1 AM?

Skol Vikings as well go 49ers from here on out.
The Cyclone fans last night showed out big time. It was so awesome and a main highlight of our night. I lost track of the high fives I handed out or received.

Reactions: CoachKM and StClone

Fizer

Feb 22, 2021
Not my job to figure out the next QB for the Vikings. You could ask every GM in the league, none of them would have Cousins in their top five QBs, even though with last nights performance he moved up from 8th to 5th in the latest QB rankings. Eli Manning won a couple of SB, no one out there thinks he was a great QB, but he has the rings.

The guy is what he is, much like Dak Prescott, good at times, but when the heat is on, and you need him to make plays to win the game, the guy will pee down his leg.
Have a great day.
I bet Cousins wishes he had the defense the Giants had for Eli's Super Bowls.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The first pick was on the receive as much as on Purdy, he was throwing to a spot and the receiver did not get there. Its the same type of play that Purdy had been doing all night. The continually showed Purdy releasing the ball with the receiver still in his break and when he comes out of it, both the ball and the receiver are in same position on the field.

The 2nd was all on him, he rushed the pass on the scramble. Every QB makes mistakes, has poor games, the great ones shake it off and are unstoppable the next game.

As to Cousins, the type of play last night is what gets some many people, he was great, and then the next game he will suck. That is just who he is as a QB, and why the Vikings would be better off to move on without him.
I was sitting in the end zone and watched that play unfold. I complete agree, Brock threw the ball inside to space but his receiver didn’t make the break.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The Cyclone fans last night showed out big time. It was so awesome and a main highlight of our night. I lost track of the high fives I handed out or received.
There were a TON of Iowa State fans there. I saw a lot more Cyclones than I did Hawkeyes and it’s not even close.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I was sitting in the end zone and watched that play unfold. I complete agree, Brock threw the ball inside to space but his receiver didn’t make the break.
They showed the replay, but you could not tell whether the receiver got tangled up with the DB, the DB pushed him off the route or the WR just did not run the correct route. That is the problem with throwing to a spot on the field, if the receiver does not get to the spot, you can be throwing it to the free safety just sitting there in the middle of the field.

Man, the guy is still learning, and he has played great, and people cannot wait to bash him and tell everyone, "told you so!" Purdy has started what 11 games now, at that stage of his career, Mahomes was still the backup, sitting on the bench watching and learning at that stage in his career. Once he sees it all, has been exposed to all the different blitzes and coverages, he will be lighting people up, he is just that good.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
And the WR did a quick juke out before slanting in. In the press conference Brock said he ran the correct route and it was his fault for leading too much inside. But I don’t know if that’s bad route running or exactly what he was supposed to do, but of course Brock wasn’t gonna put it on the guy either way.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Kirk isn't perfect but I think he should be considered for the hall of fame when his career is over.

Current lifetime stats are nearly 40,000 yards passing, 67% completions and a 98 QBR. Averaging 263 passing yards per game. Has 268 TDs to 110 INTs.

All of this playing for teams that have an overall record of only 77-70-2.
I think Kirk is like 8-38 against teams with a winning record. But maybe I am thinking of someone else

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
The first pick was on the receive as much as on Purdy, he was throwing to a spot and the receiver did not get there. Its the same type of play that Purdy had been doing all night. The continually showed Purdy releasing the ball with the receiver still in his break and when he comes out of it, both the ball and the receiver are in same position on the field.

The 2nd was all on him, he rushed the pass on the scramble. Every QB makes mistakes, has poor games, the great ones shake it off and are unstoppable the next game.

As to Cousins, the type of play last night is what gets some many people, he was great, and then the next game he will suck. That is just who he is as a QB, and why the Vikings would be better off to move on without him.

As a fan I hear you on Cousins. But for every Kirk Cousins there is a Trey Lance, Jamarcus Russell, Justin Fields, and Ryan Leafs. Supposed franchise saviors that set franchises back years with their sucktitude. I used to really bag on Cousins. But getting a franchise Qb is such a crapshoot. Getting a hall of famer is infinitely more difficult. This franchise has never shown the ability to get either save for Tarkenton. By thinking about it this way, it will help you realize that Cousins isn’t bad.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
As a fan I hear you on Cousins. But for every Kirk Cousins there is a Trey Lance, Jamarcus Russell, Justin Fields, and Ryan Leafs. Supposed franchise saviors that set franchises back years with their sucktitude. I used to really bag on Cousins. But getting a franchise Qb is such a crapshoot. Getting a hall of famer is infinitely more difficult. This franchise has never shown the ability to get either save for Tarkenton. By thinking about it this way, it will help you realize that Cousins isn’t bad.
Sure, it's a crap shoot when drafting a QB, but those guys did not stick around a decade and make over $231 million. Cousins is not horrible; he is just good enough to get you beat. That is a ton of money for being average.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
And the WR did a quick juke out before slanting in. In the press conference Brock said he ran the correct route and it was his fault for leading too much inside. But I don’t know if that’s bad route running or exactly what he was supposed to do, but of course Brock wasn’t gonna put it on the guy either way.

I don’t think if the wr didn’t juke or slip he would’ve had a shot at it. Brock threw that too far ahead of him and I think he knows it. Honestly Brock had a pretty darn good game except those two plays. There were a lot of other things that contributed to the loss, missed FG, defense getting gashed, CMC fumbling…. The list goes on. All in all, Brock has played well so far this year. The last two games are not going to kill them but they do need to right the ship.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Was at the game last night. Great atmosphere. TONS of ISU fans. I was one of the fans that wore a Purdy ISU jersey. Overall the Vikings played very well on both sides of the ball. SF defense did nothing all night. Brock played very well until deep into the 4th quarter. ISU repped well!

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
As someone who rips cousins constantly for choking, that was probably the best game I’ve ever seen him play. Cousins made some huge plays, especially on third down. The guy was just on point all game.

• Winner
Reactions: joefrog

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Sure, it's a crap shoot when drafting a QB, but those guys did not stick around a decade and make over $231 million. Cousins is not horrible; he is just good enough to get you beat. That is a ton of money for being average.

Look I am just trying to justify it to myself :) it makes me feel better about the situation

• Love
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

houjix

Jul 21, 2021

Cousins' comp right now is Carson Palmer. He puts up a good amount of stats and wins some games but ultimately gets overshadowed by truly elite QBs or teams that are just better than his. He's going to land easily inside the 20 of yards and TDs, but with minimal postseason success, he's fringe HOF at best. If he manages to hang around a few more years, he gets close to the Phillip Rivers/Matt Ryan tier, but again without some hardware or some playoff success, nothing about his career really stands out other than stats.