Brody Teske Rumor

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Proof? I was branded this because I was one of the first to indentify KJ as a bad college wrestling coach. For some reason my opinion branded me an Iowa fan. Funny that now I've been proven right no one has acknowledged this.

It is my understanding Iowa was the runner up for his services. Wanted him to redshirt, then go at 125 the year following while Lee redshirts, then move up to 133. ISU made up a ton of ground and wouldn't have been in the picture under KJ. Dresser and Co deserve huge credit for us even being considered.
I realize what I was told yesterday may be complete BS but fwiw the gentleman yesterday said Teske wasn't a fan of Brands at all. Don't shoot the messenger.

• Useful
Reactions: cyputz

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Proof? I was branded this because I was one of the first to indentify KJ as a bad college wrestling coach. For some reason my opinion branded me an Iowa fan. Funny that now I've been proven right no one has acknowledged this.

It is my understanding Iowa was the runner up for his services. Wanted him to redshirt, then go at 125 the year following while Lee redshirts, then move up to 133. ISU made up a ton of ground and wouldn't have been in the picture under KJ. Dresser and Co deserve huge credit for us even being considered.

Lol troll on bud

• Agree
Reactions: SimpsonCyclone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I realize what I was told yesterday may be complete BS but fwiw the gentleman yesterday said Teske wasn't a fan of Brands at all. Don't shoot the messenger.

Teske was never going to Iowa. I heard that more than once from people who would know

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Yeah, I am not sure Iowa was the 1st runnerup for Teske, but Teske kept everything pretty quiet. So anybody could think that & say it, but if Teske didn't say it, it is just an opinion

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Teske was never going to Iowa. I heard that more than once from people who would know

If that's the case why did he make multiple visits there?

It's all rumor but one thing we can all agree on I think: PSU was a very odd choice with so many higher rated lightweights joining him.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa

It's all rumor but one thing we can all agree on I think: PSU was a very odd choice with so many higher rated lightweights joining him.

Agree it is strange, but it seemed like Penn State was always the clear #1 and #2 was pretty muddy

Reactions: NEICyFan

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Teske has been on campus a lot recently (CRTC practices and he likes the team members) and I have heard he was looking at asking for a release from Penn State and signing with Iowa State since nationals. I also remember hearing that he actually wanted to come to Iowa State originally, but had pressure from family members to sign with Penn State. I am much more confident in my first statement than second, but that would possibly explain the excuse of others are being recruited at his weight (when he actually just wants out). Would be a great get though!
I had heard a while back that he wanted to originally go to Iowa State and one of his parents wanted him to as well and the other wanted him to go to another school. I thought it was originally Minnesota but I cant remember too well. I know I heard if from a friend here in Fort Dodge that was good buddies with someone that was a good friend of Brody. But you know how those kinds of sources can be so take it with a grain of salt.

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I heard from several people from FD that Teske was considering asking for a release from Penn St if McHenry committed to PSU, and that Teske has been spending a lot of time in Ames.

McHenry committed to Michigan a couple of weeks ago.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

It's pretty common for a prospect to visit an in state school multiple times even though they weren't ever planning on going there

DCR

Jun 11, 2010
I thought it was a bad school pick for Teske he will have a hard time getting the starting spot. PSU has a logjam in the lower weights and I could see a couple of them leave in a year once they know who the starters will be.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
I thought it was a bad school pick for Teske he will have a hard time getting the starting spot. PSU has a logjam in the lower weights and I could see a couple of them leave in a year once they know who the starters will be.
Pretty bad school pick huh? Just messin'.

Reactions: DCR

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
It’s because 90% of you posts are about Iowa. And always in a positive/trolling type way.
PS: you’re wrong about Teske and Iowa.

Yup. I do get a lot of info and rumor from there because of some unfortunate family connections. Doesn't make all of it true but their batting avg is pretty good. Also, not a fan of Brands but I also don't think he's the devil incarnate which makes me stick out a bit here.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yup. I do get a lot of info and rumor from there because of some unfortunate family connections. Doesn't make all of it true but their batting avg is pretty good. Also, not a fan of Brands but I also don't think he's the devil incarnate which makes me stick out a bit here.

Lol nobody is buying what you're selling buddy

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Post history is fun troll

This conversation has NOTHING to do with Tom Brands. He's very good and gets a bum rap around here.

• Winner
Reactions: skibumspe