Bruce Willis retiring from acting

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
A guy on the tv show House had Aphasia I think, that's the only reason I've heard of it. Can't vouch for the accuracy but on the show the guy thought he was talking and communicating normally but the words he was actually saying made no sense.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
A guy on the tv show House had Aphasia I think, that's the only reason I've heard of it. Can't vouch for the accuracy but on the show the guy thought he was talking and communicating normally but the words he was actually saying made no sense.
This is one form, I worked with people with traumatic brain injury, it's kind of all over the place. Some people are like you mentioned, some use shortened sentences, some just can't find the exact words and use odd substitutions but have no problem speaking , some cannot communicate at all.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
This is one form, I worked with people with traumatic brain injury, it's kind of all over the place. Some people are like you mentioned, some use shortened sentences, some just can't find the exact words and use odd substitutions but have no problem speaking , some cannot communicate at all.
Does it just happen instantaneously? I see that his retirement is effective immediately.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
That's too bad. Anybody know how he ended up with brain damage? Was in natural.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Sorry to hear this. Then again, he had some great scenes where he wasn't able to communicate, so maybe there's a chance...

C5dvsjeU4AECckd.jpg

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
He is 67 and worth over $250 million. Hopefully he gets a chance to enjoy life after acting. Doing a quick search on him, I'd forgotten that he was born in Germany, or that his birth name was Walter Bruce Willis.

Since starring in Moonlighting, I've been entertained by his stuff for a lot of years. I haven't followed his career much in the past decade or so, but films such as Die Hard, Pulp Fiction, Unbreakable, Last Boy Scout, Armageddon, Sixth Sense, Fifth Element, Whole Nine Yards (underrated) were fun flicks.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Time to say Yipee Ki Yay mother ******* and enjoy retirement. Had a great career with some memorable roles and lines. Had a number of less memorable roles of late but a terrific career nonetheless. LOVED the best Christmas movie ever, Die Hard.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
He is 67 and worth over $250 million. Hopefully he gets a chance to enjoy life after acting. Doing a quick search on him, I'd forgotten that he was born in Germany, or that his birth name was Walter Bruce Willis.

Since starring in Moonlighting, I've been entertained by his stuff for a lot of years. I haven't followed his career much in the past decade or so, but films such as Die Hard, Pulp Fiction, Unbreakable, Last Boy Scout, Armageddon, Sixth Sense, Fifth Element, Whole Nine Yards (underrated) were fun flicks.
It felt like he has had about 10 movies come out in the last year or so. Most were low budget, direct to streaming affairs, but that's really most of what he's done for the better part of the last decade.

Hudson Hawk is super high on my "This movie is pretty dumb, but I love it nonetheless" list. Just watched it not that long ago, too.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis

Man Moonlighting was the sh!t. Loved that show.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
It felt like he has had about 10 movies come out in the last year or so. Most were low budget, direct to streaming affairs, but that's really most of what he's done for the better part of the last decade.

Hudson Hawk is super high on my "This movie is pretty dumb, but I love it nonetheless" list. Just watched it not that long ago, too.

vUj0kYj_d.webp

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames
Does it just happen instantaneously? I see that his retirement is effective immediately.
There has been rumors that he has had dementia or something similar for a few years now. Doing a ton of (crap) movies for a million a piece to make as much money for his family as possible before his condition forces him to stop. They've been just rumors, and this is the first official announcement from his team that he has health issues.