Bubu Palo

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
In the midst of today's loss, I'd like to Bubu some credit for how he played. He ended the game with 12 points, 2 assists and 4 rebounds. I know that some people will reply with how he played defense, but that was a bad defensive game plan, it probably wasn't his idea to always go down to double the big man

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
No knock on Korie, but I thought we were actually better today with Bubu at point.

Agree, and I think today it was just because of Bubu's ability to drive, rather than shoot, because no one except Tyrus was making shots, including Korie

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I still don't think he could start next year.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I think he will show a big leap next year considering it will be his first full year in a while (pending injuries, knock on wood). This year he had the suspension and last season he had the hand injury. With a full year, I think he will be a much more consistent offensive threat.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I still don't think he could start next year.

I hope he does, and I think he will. At least at the beginning of the year. Just think if we had a PG who could consistently drive in the lane, then if our shooters next year are as good as advertised, then they can bury all the passes he sends them.

Reactions: CyDude16

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
i like Bubu and think he had a pretty good game today but OU took advantage of him today on the defensive end. When bigs get the ball down low and his guard is on that side of the court, he sags down... I don't know if that was designed by Freddie but Osby was able to kick it out for a 3 or long 2 multiple times today.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
He played well. The team played their worst game of the year. No coincidence

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
i like Bubu and think he had a pretty good game today but OU took advantage of him today on the defensive end. When bigs get the ball down low and his guard is on that side of the court, he sags down... I don't know if that was designed by Freddie but Osby was able to kick it out for a 3 or long 2 multiple times today.

OP mentioned that. Appeared that was the defensive game plan and a very bad defensive game plan. If so, can't blame Bubu for doing what the coaches told him too.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
It's worked at earlier points this season... Bubu seems to do it every time he's in regardless of what team and who's in the two matchups. It freaks me out every time because he's rarely able to get out and cover. I don't think it really has hurt us until today though. You would also think that they might switch up the game plan after they beat that defense three possessions in a row...

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

I have noticed when we play teams with athletic bigs, we double team them when they get the ball in the post. Baylor game we did it a lot.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
I always expect him to exceed my expectations.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
He seems to be able to draw some fouls inside more than Korie. I wonder if he can shoot the 3 if so I don't remember him taking any at all to speak of.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
He seems to be able to draw some fouls inside more than Korie. I wonder if he can shoot the 3 if so I don't remember him taking any at all to speak of.

He's only shot 2 in the games he's played so far this year. He's never shot very many, and he probably never will