*BUFFALO WILD WINGS*

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Are people really camping? If they want BWW that badly there are a number of them within an hour or two drive...

fanaticagain

Jun 6, 2009
Are people really camping? If they want BWW that badly there are a number of them within an hour or two drive...

There's one 20 minutes away in Ankeny, for that matter. But none of them are offering free wings for the first 100 customers in the door.

That said, camping out for chicken wings is not worth it for me.

mksmith2

Apr 30, 2010
Ames, IA
Ugh, I was gonna go tomorrow morning, but no way in hell will I if there are already people camping out...

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
There's one 20 minutes away in Ankeny, for that matter. But none of them are offering free wings for the first 100 customers in the door.

That said, camping out for chicken wings is not worth it for me.

If I was back in college and could skip classes/work I could see doing it. At my age and with my life commitments doing something like this isn't plausible.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
Ugh, I was gonna go tomorrow morning, but no way in hell will I if there are already people camping out...

It only looks like there is about 30-40 people there. There might be a chance if you show up at the ***crack of dawn they might not have 100 there yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I think it is not worth camping out for 24 hrs for $200 worth of wings.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
If they are doing the same promo as other sites it will be 6 wings a week for a year.

And i believe just traditional wings, which are not, imho, their forte, and the less popular option there.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
There better be so much Cyclone and Big 12 gear on the walls its blinding. Its sickening to go to BWW in CR and see nothing ISU related.

I'm sure there will be. They usually take on the teams of the area. I can understand why the CR Bdubs would be Hawkeye centric since it's very close to Iowa City. I've been to a handful of Bdubs in other cities and they take on the team attitudes of the cities they are in. I was in one in a suburb of Denver not long ago and they had nothing but Bronco and Nugget stuff on the wall. Nothing representing the Bufs at all.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
There better be so much Cyclone and Big 12 gear on the walls its blinding. Its sickening to go to BWW in CR and see nothing ISU related.

The BWW in Coralville always shows Iowa State games. Not always on their main screen if there is an Iowa game at the same time, but they always show them.