Buying from Cycloneking

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I've only had great experiences on here buying and selling tickets, but there seems to be more new members with no other posts now selling tickets. I don't remember that being the case in years past.
When I sell, I usually check the posting history of the buyer. If everything they have done has been on the ticket exchange, that screams scalper to me. Since I typically don't gouge, I don't want a scalper buying them from me and turning around and selling them for a 250% markup.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
When I sell, I usually check the posting history of the buyer. If everything they have done has been on the ticket exchange, that screams scalper to me. Since I typically don't gouge, I don't want a scalper buying them from me and turning around and selling them for a 250% markup.

My wife gets most tickets through FB friends, so I don't worry about it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Makes you think. I've learned from this never buy off a new member. Wonder if it's worth restricting posting privileges in ticket exchange to established members.

Require anyone posting tickets for sale to be vetted by a Mod. Or create a special vetting team. I would be willing to serve on something like that.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
It’s really too bad that this occurred. I know I’ve sold to a lot of people on this website and often transfer tickets before I even get paid. Generally feel that people on this website are good with their word. A word to the wise, if the seller is saying they are a season ticket holder then they can transfer tickets instantly.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Bought Iowa/ISU tickets this fall on here. Turned out to be my dentists husband. Forget his username, but I recommend him.

Reactions: NWICY

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Might not be a bad idea to just comment on someone's profile that you had a successful ticket transaction so that future buyer/sellers can take a quick peek at their profile and confirm. Quick/easy way to help self-regulate this stuff

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Might not be a bad idea to just comment on someone's profile that you had a successful ticket transaction so that future buyer/sellers can take a quick peek at their profile and confirm. Quick/easy way to help self-regulate this stuff
Excellent suggestion...unless you come up against people who keep their profiles private. :(

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Require anyone posting tickets for sale to be vetted by a Mod. Or create a special vetting team. I would be willing to serve on something like that.
*This poster is Cycsk approved!
Haha! There would be far worse things. His approval would actually be very good.

I know you're kidding, but I just wanted to throw that in.

Reactions: Cycsk

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Haha! There would be far worse things. His approval would actually be very good.

I know you're kidding, but I just wanted to throw that in.
I would have no issue being listed as Cycsk approved.

Reactions: t-noah