Buying from Cycloneking

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I wonder if Stub Hub is actually behind some of these rogue sellers because stories like this make their product seem so much more secure.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
I had a 2006 member who hadn't posted a ton but over 100 times screw me over at the last second on three Iowa/Iowa State tickets in 2019. Agreed on a price and then he sold them at the last minute to someone who gave him a better offer. Such ********...but I guess I should have known better.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
That's too bad, sorry to hear.

I've bought/sold over 100 tickets here in our ticket exchange over the years with no issues so this is definitely an abnormal situation.
Makes you think. I've learned from this never buy off a new member. Wonder if it's worth restricting posting privileges in ticket exchange to established members.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I got sucked out of a couple ISU/Iowa football tickets this past fall $250 for two tickets. Guy posted on here and started texting back and forth after I paid him and then the guy like ghosted me. Tried calling and his phone number wasn't valid. Go figure. I will only buy from "Well-Known Members" and maybe even from a "Publisher", but not a knew member.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I've only had great experiences on here buying and selling tickets, but there seems to be more new members with no other posts now selling tickets. I don't remember that being the case in years past.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The real ****** thing with scamming people in these situations is that a lot of parents want to "take their kid(s) to a game." Scammers could be breaking the heart of an 8 yr old, if the parent/purchaser is on a budget. That's a real, real, ****** thing to do.

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
The real ****** thing with scamming people in these situations is that a lot of parents want to "take their kid(s) to a game." Scammers could be breaking the heart of an 8 yr old, if the parent/purchaser is on a budget. That's a real, real, ****** thing to do.
These people are scumbags. They could care less about breaking the heart of an 8 yr old. No moral compass. Very sad.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I’m always willing to meet to get the tickets, wherever. I want hard tickets when I buy individually.
Yeah, the new era can be great (i.e. transferring tickets via exchanges like Cyclones.com has) but there also are LOTS of ways digital tickets can be bogus.

I saw someone post a couple of concert tickets on FB Marketplace and had the full bar code listed. I made sure i was right at the opening of the gates for that show.......KIDDING! I messaged them and let them know they should not post that part of the ticket...older person who didn't realize a simple screen grab and they are out of luck.

Reactions: BCClone

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
I’m always willing to meet to get the tickets, wherever. I want hard tickets when I buy individually.
I used to take that approach as well. Unfortunately, hard tickets are exceeding rare to find. Everything is mobile or electronic now. A person can print the electronic ticket from their home computer and sell it to you. Of course, they could print the tickets multiple times and sell them to multiple people. The ticket brokers such as Ticketmaster, StubHub, etc. appear to be the only sure fire way of not getting scammed. However, the entities charge absorbent fees. Very frustrating.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
These people are scumbags. They could care less about breaking the heart of an 8 yr old. No moral compass. Very sad.

I tried finding the old email chain for this one but can't, but I want to just tell this story showing how heartless people can be.

A few years ago I get a Facebook message from some random guy. I don't remember what the scam entailed, however after we fought over his scamming ways, we actually started talking about legitimate revenue streams on the internet.

So he send me a link to his 'legit site' as a revenue stream. The first story is about a teenager who raped and killed another younger boy. It was so poorly written and so very clickbaity. It's obviously a fake story so I set out prove it.

I eventually ran across the teenager whose pictures were being used (as well as his name in the article, irrc). The teenager and his dad had been killed in a car accident probably 3 years prior. I show him this and tell him that's fine if you want to make up stories, but can you please remove this kids picture and name from the article.

He basically laughed at me telling me to get a life, it's just the internet. We went back and forth, I reached out to the teenagers mother about it. The original guy started hardcore doxxing me so I decided to end the battle.

Found the letter to his mom, this was 2014 so story was a little different than I remembered.

Good Afternoon,

First I would like to say that prior to today I had no previous knowledge of your son's tragic passing. I could not imagine losing a child like that, and my thoughts are with you and your family.

I wanted to get in contact with you as I came across something truly disturbing today. The website www.livewirereview.com is using your son's picture in connection with another story about a statutory rape/child support case. I also believe this story to be completely fake as you cannot find any record of the case, or public record information for either name mentioned.

Here is the link to the article that is being posted around on different message boards, websites,social media, etc.

http://livewirereview.com/pay-child-support/

Also this has been posted on Facebook through a child support group.

I have made a comment on the Facebook page alerting them of this information as well as I think it is truly sick.

I originally found my way to your son's story by researching for the picture in the article and was directed to new's articles about his death, as well as the Youtube tribute page.

I felt it was only right to inform your family of this, as I don't want to see any further pain coming to your family.

I have looked up the information for those who own www.livewirereview.com and have attached this information. There is a phone number listed with the registration of the website, so hopefully you can get this image removed immediately. You can also look up this information on www.register.com

Truly disgusting people who blatantly disregard people's feeling to try and drive traffic to their websites with these sensationalized fake stories.

2nd email.

HI Dawn,

I'm not sure if you have gotten the chance to read my first email, but I just wanted to give you an update on the situation. I contacted the site administrator for the website, and after several discussions back and forth (it got a little heated), he has removed Jared's image from the article. He also admitted to making the story up to drive people to his website. If you have not already went out to the website, I would not click on that link. After sending the original email, I found out that the website was full of viruses and malware.

He basically makes up stories using whatever images he can find on the web to drive people to his website to distribute viruses/adware. Such a sad person.

And the responses from the scammer on Facebook:

I make half a million dollars a year all online. Why are you so angry with me for being successful?? It's just the internet guy, get a life! The website is BS. But I own TheAllegiant.com as well... and that one is where I spend most my time. Who gives a **** if that story is fake, it's meant to stirr up conversation. It gets 45,000 hits a day. The story is based on a real case. Why don't you send hate mail to The Onion??

And after lying about his family and being a normal guy.

I just don't understand why you hate me so much. I did nothing to you, and definitely didn't force you to read that article... jesus. and btw I'm not married nor do I have 3 kids... I'm definitely not father material I'll give you that.

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
52fe677a-1eea-4f30-aaf0-4ef7727f4fcd_text.gif

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012

No doubt. I can only imagine my 7th and 11th grader are in school fidgeting in their seats right now for the game tonight......... which they are watching on TV. I can only imagine their lack of focus if we were going to the game. Then to pick them up from school and tell them change of plans. Yikes, that makes my stomach sink. Horrible.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron