Buying from Cycloneking

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Thanks Chris…and everyone else. I already sent something to PayPal so we’ll see what happens. I’m still shown as a New Member so we aren’t all bad. If anyone has 3 tics for sale let me know, I have 2 boys that are still wanting to go.

You can still get tix for Texas game and pretty much any game through Ticket master. via resale etc. I have pretty much stuck to that for any tickets and extra tickets for games I need over the last few years.

Feel its much safer. And is right through the ISU page, and what is used so I trust it most. Unless I directly know the person I am dealing with.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

You can still get tix for Texas game and pretty much any game through Ticket master. via resale etc. I have pretty much stuck to that for any tickets and extra tickets for games I need over the last few years.

Feel its much safer. And is right through the ISU page, and what is used so I trust it most. Unless I directly know the person I am dealing with.
I don't like selling my tix on there becuase of the "handling fees". I'd rather keep the prices low. Then again, I'm pretty well known on here and several moderators know me IRL. Don't think I can get away with cheating anyone. :D

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
If he’s doing this all over the country maybe it’s worth letting the FBI know. It would take about five minutes to catch the guy, if he is using Venmo you have a bank account information right there.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I don't like selling my tix on there becuase of the "handling fees". I'd rather keep the prices low. Then again, I'm pretty well known on here and several moderators know me IRL. Don't think I can get away with cheating anyone. :D
This is true, Some people that have been on here for long enough it is not an issue, also comes with knowing someone.

But I rarely trust new members etc. selling tickets or on other online sources like FB etc. just too many scams.

Someone that has been on here for many years with several thousand posts is probably safe.

Reactions: t-noah

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I’d like to cover one of the cost of one of your tickets. As a fan with kids it hits a nerve to know you are your boys were looking forward to going to the game.

Know your post was a warning and not asking for anything from anyone, but - not being able to get down to Ames for a game this year - I’d be happy to do so if you want to PM me.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Similarly, we often have extra tickets to sell and I like selling them for under market value to true fans. I try to be pretty upfront with my name, phone number, and other identifying info in order to give confidence to anyone buying tickets from me.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
“Anymore?” Ah, KC, I hardly knew ye…
:jimlad:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Mods going to houses now when they ban people?

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
This is true, Some people that have been on here for long enough it is not an issue, also comes with knowing someone.

But I rarely trust new members etc. selling tickets or on other online sources like FB etc. just too many scams.

Someone that has been on here for many years with several thousand posts is probably safe.

Ya I hate selling things via marketplace now. So many accounts opened same day spamming you about paying now for relative to pick up, then you give them your venmo/cashapp, and they sending a scam email asking for you to upgrade to a business account before doing this. Over and over again.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

Milehighcy2

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2016
I’d like to cover one of the cost of one of your tickets. As a fan with kids it hits a nerve to know you are your boys were looking forward to going to the game.

Know your post was a warning and not asking for anything from anyone, but - not being able to get down to Ames for a game this year - I’d be happy to do so if you want to PM me.
That’s very nice of you to offer but I can’t accept. Yes, I was just putting this out there so he didn’t get anyone else. Unfortunately, I wasn’t the only one. I’m just mad at myself because there were signs but I was in a hurry and was just excited to get tickets. Thanks again, that was an awesome gesture.