Buying MLB Tickets Advice

IOWASTATE

Oct 29, 2007
Ames
I am looking at going to a St Louis Cardinals game in August and was planning on buying tickets on Stubhub or something similar. Would it be better to buy them now or wait until closer to August using a service like that?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
You can buy tickets at Busch Stadium or from a scalper.... I have never paid more than face value to go to a Cards game. I have been to Busch stadium 25-30 times without tickets every time until I went to the ball park.

I got into Busch stadium for the clinching game in 2006 for 24 bucks.

Last edited:

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
You can buy tickets at Busch Stadium or from a scalper.... I have never paid more than face value to go to a Cards game. I have been to Busch stadium 25-30 times without tickets every time until I went to the ball park.

I got into Busch stadium for the clinching game in 2006 for 24 bucks.

Does this include any Cubs games?

Just wondering as it's usually pretty hard to find anything or Face value around
Wrigley when the Cards are in town. (never been to a game in St. Louis)

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Just wondering as it's usually pretty hard to find anything or Face value around

The times I have been (3) yes. I also dont care where I sit. The best time I had was sitting behind the cubs dugout and yelling at Dempster until he flipped me and my buddies off....

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
I have Rangers season tickets and I sell on StubHub often. I can tell you that me and most others put tickets on there higher than face this far in advance, but the week of the game I really start watching prices and what tickets in similar sections are selling for and start decreasing the price multiple times a day in interest of selling the tickets and not getting stuck with them.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
I've only used StubHub once and I prefer to find any alternative first before going there. with the inflation of prices you get there, sometimes it's just not worth it - personal opinion.

I prefer, if possible, to just try and go through mlb.com and purchase tickets for the date requested, but I do realize this isn't always feasible. Depends on the game, day, and time.

I had no issues with stubhub, and I really don't know how prices fluctuate when the game gets closer. If it's popular game, I would only expect the prices to rise instead of fall.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007

Most years, by August, Cubs fans have moved on to next year. :yes:- just kidding!! I own a house 10 minute walk from Busch and worked there at the Rawlings Booth making bats two summers ago.................if you wait until the first pitch or thru the top half of the first, you'll get tix at or below face value no matter who they are playing.

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008
The times I have been (3) yes. I also dont care where I sit. The best time I had was sitting behind the cubs dugout and yelling at Dempster until he flipped me and my buddies off....

Totally rad, brah! :jimlad:

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Do not go the Stubhub route. You can EASILY get tickets the day of the game for less. When I lived in Denver I used craigslist all the time for tickets. That works well too...if you are going to be in the area for a few days, that is.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
FWIW, getting tickets to see the (L)Astros is pretty easy and cheap via StubHub. Of course, you can buy the cheap seats from the box office and walk down to the lower level without anybody stopping you.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron