Bye Week Browsing - Big12 Fanboards/blogs

utahrangerone

Aug 9, 2023
Greeting all.. took me a few days to get around to posting, but here it is. I took most of the past week after our BYE to try and find more different fan boards etc to try and prep for next year and the Big 16 or whatever.

I'm already familiar with the following places -

Utefans.net (home board)
Cougarboard (source of truly delusional but entertaining posts)
Coogfans (the *good* cougars)
AllBUffs (suddenly alive and kicking after a decade in doldrums)
and of course
CycloneFanatic

I was checking out some article that linked back to SBNation, and saw there was another ISU related site (not a forum board tho) "Wide Right & Natty Lite" I wondered what your thoughts on that sort of site are. Which then led me to wondering about other fan-based boards for Big XII related schools.

Any help with compiling a list of fanboards for the other schools, and any reputable/respected blogsites etc would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks, and here's to more gridiron success for y'all!

Reactions: hiltonisheaven

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
EMAW something for Kstate

Land thieves for boomer sooner

Shaggybevo for the wHorns

Now the best fans in the big 12, besides us, are the Okie State and WV folks. Probably since they are more like us than the rest. Everyone hates Baylor so avoid them.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Greeting all.. took me a few days to get around to posting, but here it is. I took most of the past week after our BYE to try and find more different fan boards etc to try and prep for next year and the Big 16 or whatever.

I'm already familiar with the following places -

Utefans.net (home board)
Cougarboard (source of truly delusional but entertaining posts)
Coogfans (the *good* cougars)
AllBUffs (suddenly alive and kicking after a decade in doldrums)
and of course
CycloneFanatic

I was checking out some article that linked back to SBNation, and saw there was another ISU related site (not a forum board tho) "Wide Right & Natty Lite" I wondered what your thoughts on that sort of site are. Which then led me to wondering about other fan-based boards for Big XII related schools.

Any help with compiling a list of fanboards for the other schools, and any reputable/respected blogsites etc would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks, and here's to more gridiron success for y'all!
It's pretty simple here: don't be a douche and you'll get along just fine with most everyone.

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
KStateFans was pretty good a few years ago. But around the Weber/Tang transition it got pretty toxic. And the last few years they have decided to make ISU a hated rivalry and gotten annoying.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006

Now the best fans in the big 12, besides us, are the Okie State and WV folks. Probably since they are more like us than the rest. Everyone hates Baylor so avoid them.
Goemaw I think is the more active KSU page. I don't spend any time there but get the impression you should take what you see over there with a large grain of salt. Lot of over the top posters.

Is phog.net the go to for Kansas?

Reactions: BCClone

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
You really only need to know this one. A lot of the Big 12 boards for other schools are pretty ******. If I want to talk other schools or B12 in general, I usually stick to Reddit related threads for CFB and Mens Bball.

• Agree
Reactions: NetflixAndClone

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
God, this reminds me of how much I miss Shaggy Bevo. Truly the only redeeming thing about having Texasin our conference. IMO.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

Shaggy Bevo died like 5 years ago

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I haven't frequented WRNL in a long time but friends with a lot of their OG creators, it seemed like a decent site but pretty much stick here.

I used to be in the comment section all the time, but whenever the site made some changes a few years ago it really killed participation.

Most wrnl activity is in their discord these days

Reactions: MJ29

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
ShaggyBevo MS Art threads were pure gold.

Thujone must have got busy with real life, because he doesn't show up on Surly very often. It's my 2nd favorite board though with them leaving I don't visit it near as often.

Lewey24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2020
Dubuque, IA

GoEMAW is the most active K-State board

Big12Homer

Jan 9, 2023
Goemaw I think is the more active KSU page. I don't spend any time there but get the impression you should take what you see over there with a large grain of salt. Lot of over the top posters.

Is phog.net the go to for Kansas?
CU fan here: Cyclone Fanatic is my favorite opposing fanbase place to browse for sure. Although it seems to freeze for me sometimes, there’s always great content and debate. You’re in the right place for Cyclone content.

Basically all of the above I agree with for opposing fanbases boards, although I’m replying to this message for the Kansas portion.

I've got a Kansas buddy and he said they have an invite only Discord that is their main place for fan interaction now. It’s headed by one of their insiders but idk how to get in. If I figure out a way I’ll post it here.

Help Support Us

Become a patron