Cael Sanderson Offered PSU Job

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I am done with this thread..... I will wait on the official announcement, whatever that may be... before posting here again.

mkcrawford

Mar 20, 2006
That being said, I have concerns as it relates to JP's relationships with the non-revenue sports if the rumors are true. However, these situations usually have at least three sides to every story and when things break down, it typically involves adults reverting to acting like children on a playground whose feelings get hurt and instead of talking things through, they each go their separate ways and tell people around them how bad the other person is.

Since I constantly deal with these types of situations for work, I can almost guarantee if the problems are real that what is missing is a source in the administration that has the respect of both the sports/coaching side and also the administration side (Pete Taylor was that person and I don't think John Walters is - he is just a good announcer). The one common denominator that coaches and JP have in common is that they are all driven, hard-working individuals. That is a positive, but also can lead to conflict because those types of people are often stubborn because they believe their way is the best way. Hopefully Cael will stay and the rumors aren't true and then my post can be ignored.

Klerme, I think your post was overlooked, but you made a great statement. If the rumors are true about JP and the working relationship/environment being created with the Athletic Department, I think we need to address this. Is a position needed for someone to be some sort of mediator. IF so, who fills that position?? It would have to be someone very close to the university, passionate about ISU Athletics, supportive of all the programs. Gary Thompson, Jeff Johnson, ...

When this fire storm is over, whether Cael stays or goes, I think this is the next order of business.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Hopefully after several threads of epic proportions. We can quote that famous american commentator- Rosanna Rosannadanna and say "Oh well, never mind".

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
Penn State is a land grant, publicly-funded state university, just like ISU.

According to this PSU message board poster, PSU plays on both side of the fence:

" But PSU, without a state representative on it's Board of Regents, will put on it's "we're private" cap and we won't hear anything official about said donor. Not to worry though, they'll dust off the "we're public" cap the next time they need money from the state!"

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
According to this PSU message board poster, PSU plays on both side of the fence:

" But PSU, without a state representative on it's Board of Regents, will put on it's "we're private" cap and we won't hear anything official about said donor. Not to worry though, they'll dust off the "we're public" cap the next time they need money from the state!"

They tried that with JoPa's salary. But had to make it public just recently.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Dear boy er tidbit "THAT THREAD SHOULD HAVE BEEN STARTED A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO"!!!!!!!

The little bookkeeper has gotta go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replace him with Dan MaCarney or Bill Fennelly.