Caleb Grill's status unknown for Tuesday vs. Kansas State

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Ok, I agree if that's the case. How do we know he'll be healthy again this year? This could be a thing that lingers all season.
We also don’t know if he’s going to play tomorrow or not lol. My point is that you’re jumping to worse case scenario before we even know anything yet.

Him not practicing today doesn’t mean he’s out tomorrow. And if he doesn’t play tomorrow, it doesn’t mean an automatic loss nor does it mean he’s out for an extended period of time.

Reactions: HoustonClone

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Ok, I agree if that's the case. How do we know he'll be healthy again this year? This could be a thing that lingers all season.

That's why he should just take the shot, play until the shot wears off. Rest in the off season.

Like like the UGA WR McConkey in the NC, took the shot for his knee. They knew it would wear off around the 4th quarter so tried to get use out of him until then.

Reactions: NoCreativity

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
This is pretty good team that has also needed some bounces to get to 5-2
I dont know about that, both the Oklahoma and TCU games we dominated but the refs decided to step in and make it competitive. The Kansas and OSU game Saturday were very winnable also if we take better shots at the end.

We could easily be 7-0 also.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That's why he should just take the shot, play until the shot wears off. Rest in the off season.

Like like the UGA WR McConkey in the NC, took the shot for his knee. They knew it would wear off around the 4th quarter so tried to get use out of him until then.

I would almost fo the opposite like if the rest of the guys can keep it close, throw the closer out there to get some crucial stops and boards.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yes, but I wouldn't count on Holmes struggling like he did against OSU or Lipsey getting into early foul trouble every game. A lot went wrong for us to lose by 2. **** happens

Holmes was bothered more on the shots but he found the floater a couple of times and it just didn't fall. There were other misses by everyone that were needed.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Yes, but I wouldn't count on Holmes struggling like he did against OSU or Lipsey getting into early foul trouble every game. A lot went wrong for us to lose by 2. **** happens
OSU also shot it very well too. TWO banked 3s, and shot 43% from 3, instead of their 32% average. Just too many things went the other way. Life on the road.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
OSU also shot it very well too. TWO banked 3s, and shot 43% from 3, instead of their 32% average. Just too many things went the other way. Life on the road.

Repeating but it wasn't ISU's day when there was a weird pass that either got deflected or just passed poorly, that bounced 3-4 times to a waiting player that had just enough time to drill a 3.

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
If teams are going to sag off of Lipsey at the 3pt line, he has to pull the trigger some to at least keep the defense honest and maybe open up the dribble drive more for himself and others.
That's my biggest criticism of him. He needs to shoot more when wide open. He had some opportunities Sat and passed them up.

• Agree
Reactions: CRCySpy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That's my biggest criticism of him. He needs to shoot more when wide open. He had some opportunities Sat and passed them up.

I'd like to see him drive more too but I'd guess there's plans to delegate.

Maybe that changes tomorrow night.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Well if Grill is out it would be a good time for Gabe to have one of his 25 point break out games.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
This is a game we need to stay in the conference race and I don't think we get it without him.

KSU is too good from 3 and our perimeter defense was piss poor without him.
Interestingly, we are a more prolific and higher % 3pt shooting team than KSU - that surprised me. They don't take a ton, and their % (35.2%) is almost identical to our (35.5%). They had those two games where they scored 116 at Texas and 97 at Baylor where they went 24-49 from 3 - but just 31% in the other BigXII games. We're in big big trouble if they shoot like those 2 road games

Nowell is obviously a problem, and it will be important for Lipsey and Holmes to stay on him. He's not their leading scorer though, Florida transfer Keyontae Johnson is, and I'm assuming Gabe will draw that assignment

As usual, turning them over and making them take uncomfortable shots will be the key. Our defense excels (#1 nationally) in creating turnovers and limiting shots at the rim.

• Informative
Reactions: NENick

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Kansas State ranked #5, what a time.
But #1 in our hearts...

giphy.gif

EDIT: Just for you, Bob, Old Girl.