Campustown Redevelopment

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I agree, Jerry at All Cuts was a great dude. Yes, he was kinda odd but super nice and you always left happier than you went in. Hope he is still around but i haven't been back in years.
Worst haircut ever was from him. After class the day I got it I had to go to the sport clips in west ames. Circa 2005

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Also, does anybody know what happened to/if he is still there Jerry the barber at all cuts on Lincoln Way. Nicest guy ever, kinda odd duck but nice old guy. Used to get my hair cut there 2002-2007. Now I wish I just had hair at all hahaha.

Was that the guy who just had two haircuts-- the Harvard and the All-American? (And I think they were the same haircut?)

• Agree
Reactions: DFWClone

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Upgrades/expansion coming to 2408/2410 Chamberlain (Thai Kitchen and apartments):

http://cityofames.org/home/showdocument?id=33711
Renderings on pp. 7-10

The applicant is proposing to redevelop the two properties at 2408 and 2410 Chamberlain by consolidating the two buildings, remodeling the first floor commercial spaces, adding additional residential floors to both buildings and renovating the existing residential apartments. The project includes adding two residential stories to the top of the 2408 building and one residential story to the top of the 2410 building. This will allow the developer to connect the two structures in one building that contains a total of four stories (one commercial story with three residential stories above). The required parking for the apartments exists through a combination of on-site parking spaces and remote parking spaces.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Back side:
VvGEZ4b.jpg

Looks like it has quite a bit of outdoor patio space (both covered and and uncovered. Would be good space for a pub/restaurant or two.

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
I noticed the request for direct access off Lincoln Way. This leads me to believe the area behind this development will continue to be used for parking which unfortunately might mean the contuence of it's dumpy appearance. Don't like that idea.

Have the traffic come into the area off Hayward. Losing space along Lincoln Way for driveway access would be a mistake. Just look at the gaping hole left for parking along Welch done with the Kingland project.

Not really impressed with this one.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
This must have been the announcement he was talking about on the radio last week. I've ordered from there once but can't remember much about it. Think maybe it was slightly over priced

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Wow. That's a waste of $2.1 million.

If they're gonna ***** and moan about budget cuts so they can raise tuition, I don't wanna see this kinda BS.

Not to mention the fields don't get used from November to March because the field is frozen.

Showing a complete lack of understanding of why tuition has been going up (consistent underfunding by the state).

Recreational options are something every university should have.