Candidates to replace Strong at UL

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
Thanks to the trusty YardBarker side links. And dont worry this isnt a panic "Rhoads to Louisville" thread. Instead, the link below has a couple of interesting tidbits.

First of all, Herman is mentioned. As he is for most vacancies these days. Would be good for them and him I think.

Second, Shawn Watson is their OC. I forgot this guy was there. He was good at Nebraska. I believe handcuffed by politics quite a bit. I havent seen his name mentioned for a parallel move to us but if he doesnt go to Texas as OC and doesnt get the HC job at Louisville....

Finally, Matt Wells from Utah State is mentioned at bottom. Luke would probably follow his brother east, but if he didnt would we be interested in having him back in any capacity?

10 candidates to replace Charlie Strong at Louisville

Update: I see now in the OC candidate thread where Shawn Watson was talked about briefly.

Last edited:

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
Fred Hoiberg.

The guy puts up 88.2 points per game, and thats only using 5 guys. Think what he could do with 11. Dont get me wrong, I think this would also be a great OC hire. I just dont see him leaving a HC position at a Big 12 school for a OC position at a Big 12 school.