Capitol City League

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
Sorry if this has been posted before, but when do they draft the teams and when do the games start? Does anyone know who will be playing this summer? I have heard that Pomlee will be arriving on campus early to start working out, so I guessing he is one of our new recruits playing. I hope the others play as well. I wonder if Barnes AAU schedule will allow him to play.

Last edited:

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Capital City League play started June 15 last year and finished up July 15. This league is pretty laid back so we probably won't be seeing any information until a week before the games begin.

1Lastchance

May 1, 2008
We actually checked into this earlier this week with one of the HS coaches and were told that at this point the CCL is up in the air this year. First of all because Tom Davis started the league and he will probably not be involved this year. Second there is a question regarding insurance for the players. The way I understand it players signed an insurance waiver in the past but the league may be required to provide insurance this year which could cause some financial issues. This is only what I was told, anyone else heard anything.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Booo... I loved it last year. Got to see my first look at Lucca.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Booo... I loved it last year. Got to see my first look at Lucca.

Was he the 'real deal' ?? I always get my hopes up too high after reading Cap City reports. I hope Lucca is not another one of those, "hits every trey in practice, but slumps in real games".

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Was he the 'real deal' ?? I always get my hopes up too high after reading Cap City reports. I hope Lucca is not another one of those, "hits every trey in practice, but slumps in real games".

What I was most impressed with was his passing ability, but he didn't shoot much when I watched him.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA

The difference with Lucca is that he is a "professional" according to the NCAA. So we aren't just talking about a HS kid who can hit the 3. :skeptical:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I remember Sean Haluska being the best shooter in the CAP last year. Then the season began...

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I thought Troy Skinner was behind the Cap City League. I know he's been running it the last couple of years so maybe Dr. Tom's departure won't affect it.

CloneB18

Feb 26, 2008
Sean has a lot of athletic ability, he was a state finalist in the 100 meters in high school if my memory serves right. He's also got more hops then you might think...

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
It is easy to get on Haluska's case. However, keep in mind he was only scholarship because we had one to give him. This next year, he'll be paying his way and possibly contributing solid minutes. How can you really beat up on kids ability who is walking on and working hard to help win games. That was a poor start last year but it was a mental thing. I think he is over it.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
MY top two people I was impressed with last summer was Josh Young and Lucca.

copenhagen

Apr 23, 2007
it would be stupid not to have it imo

Its great p.r. for ISU. The only thing going to keep the fans interested and excited for the summer months. As i stated many times before, it was a suprisingly accurate gauge of the players. Even though i thought Cory was the MVP. I think he would of been a perfect player in Dr. Tom's system when was at Iowa. As far as Lucca, he was what ISU needed last yr, calm, in control, uncanny passing, excellent 3pt shooter.

Help Support Us

Become a patron