Carter Pearson Commits!

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
1711547410685.png

Posted in the 2024-2025 recruiting thread, but figured Carter deserves his own thread too. Great kid and it's awesome to start the SEP pipeline. They have some young hammers (really like the potential of Nico DeSalvo) coming up, and CP is going to be a great development piece for 133/141. Pretty sure he grew up a Hawk fan too, so nice to see those tables start to turn a bit :)

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Won state at 120 this year. Beat Jake Knight in the finals.

Also has a freestyle win over #4 (113) Munaretto from last summer.

Let's keep getting SE Polk kids.

Edit: adding to this, he also beat a Kansas state champ and a Minnesota state champ last year. Beat Ayala and Knight at state duals as well.

Last edited:

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
TJ is not a fan of ISU the times I've been around him or talked to people tight with him. Maybe it was from his one year/semester he spent in the room?
Not sure I really want TJ kids either. They tend to burn out and deal with injuries the most in college. There are exceptions, but in general I would rather have relationships with Big Game and other clubs in the state.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Not sure I really want TJ kids either. They tend to burn out and deal with injuries the most in college. There are exceptions, but in general I would rather have relationships with Big Game and other clubs in the state.
Big Game is where it’s at.

Reactions: LeadersWifeLife

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
I want whatever kids the coaches think best fit the future of the program and I don't care what club they wrestle for.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah, you are either a Sebolt kid or not a Sebolt kid. You are allowed time to play football or run cross country (since there is little wrestling then) but his club is a year round commitment. You don't just train here and there with him.