CF turning into a Hawkeye discussion board?

cyfanhood

Jan 2, 2008
Town of Iowa fans, YUCK!
I, a Cyclone fan, have been attacked numerous times by other Cyclone fans because of my opinions. I respect other peoples opinions. My gloves are off, Cyclone Fanatic is turning into a Hawkeye discussion board? It's obvious most fans here agree on Cyclone sport topics. However, I am not part of this status quo and I have received a backlash. I go to ESPN.com message boards expecting theses things but not here. I'm already on my 2nd account here. But it's done, I'll get in little trash fights. Anyone have this problem? Probably not.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
From earlier today...

thanks, Cyclone fans attacking other Cyclone fans. Who would of thought. I respect other peoples opinion but get none back.

And now...

I, a Cyclone fan, have been attacked numerous times by other Cyclone fans because of my opinions. I respect other peoples opinions. My gloves are off, Cyclone Fanatic is turning into a Hawkeye discussion board? It's obvious most fans here agree on Cyclone sport topics. However, I am not part of this status quo and I have received a backlash. I go to ESPN.com message boards expecting theses things but not here. I'm already on my 2nd account here. But it's done, I'll get in little trash fights. Anyone have this problem? Probably not.

confused.gif

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Wouldnt worry too much about it. There are more who probably agree at times than dont. As for being a Hawk board, yeah it does have its fill of Hawk stuff, which will never go away. Its just the nature of the beast. Tends to flare up more when nothing much is going on Cyclone-sport wise.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
As a kind of guideline...

Post with inelligence and respect, and you will avoid "backlash". If you still feel you are getting backlash, ignore it or report it if it is violating site rules.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
As a kind of guideline...

Post with inelligence and respect, and you will avoid "backlash". If you still feel you are getting backlash, ignore it or report it if it is violating site rules.

Yes, that too!

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Message boards are....well....message boards. Take them for what they are. Personally, I like CF 1000 times better than any other message boards I've ever posted on.

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
So because I said non-conference games instead of pre-season...I was posting without intelligence? People will have brain-farts from time to time, doesn't mean that the hounds of hell should be released on them.

drum1306

Sep 17, 2007
I'm not too sure what you're getting at, friend. My stance is this - a message board is a place for opinions. If you put yours up, there will be people who disagree with you. By choosing to put your opinion up in a public forum you are saying you are willing to handle other disagreeing with that opinion. If you are angry people disagree with you, then I would suggest you refrain from choosing to opine yourself. If members on here are attacking you personally, not your opinions or comments, that is a totally different manner. And there will be those who choose to attack another opinion as wrong, but I believe for the most part that a disagreement is simply two different opinions. I don't think most are trying to tell you that you are wrong; they simply don't agree with you.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
This could be the first post stating the the moderators don't do enough.

We try to keep attacks under control. With the goal of making this a friendly kid safe site.

If anything you feel is objectionable just report it using the red x on the lower left of each post.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
So because I said non-conference games instead of pre-season...I was posting without intelligence? People will have brain-farts from time to time, doesn't mean that the hounds of hell should be released on them.

I'm not referring to brain-farts, I'm referring to social intelligence more than anything. You know the people who post stuff to get a rise out of people, and that is their only motivation.

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
I wasn't saying that you don't do enough, I love CF and think it is great. I was just putting my opinion out there for public crticism.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I'm not referring to brain-farts, I'm referring to social intelligence more than anything. You know the people who post stuff to get a rise out of people, and that is their only motivation.

Yep.

FFF.

But alas it is 'just' a message board. With CyBookie no less!

-keep.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Fisrt off, living out of state, I don't really care about the Hawks, so I simply don't read those threads.

Secondly, I've left message boards where there is too much censorship and favoritism toward certain members. (e.g. Any thread that even hinted at criticism of the elite members was deleted.) I've also left message boards that bordered on anarchy. (One member hacked into the system and edited my previous posts to make me look like an idiot. Apparently this wasn't the first time, but when caught the moderator just gave him a second warning.) In both cases I just quit going to the board.

At Cyclone Fanatic there are people from all over the world, of all ages, with a variety of opinions with one thing in common. A passion for ISU athletics. Considering the mixture of backgrounds I've found the discussions on here to be extremely civil and intelligent. When things have become inappropriate or combative the moderators have stepped in. Overall I think CF is the best run forum I've been a part of and the moderators have been patient and fair. Jeremy has always been receptive to member's suggestions in the hopes of making the site even better. Keep up the good work guys!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron