CF turning into a Hawkeye discussion board?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
LetsHugItOut_Fullpic_1.gif

MadCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2006
Madison, WI
Fisrt off, living out of state, I don't really care about the Hawks, so I simply don't read those threads.

Secondly, I've left message boards where there is too much censorship and favoritism toward certain members.

I am with you on these two thoughts totally. Since I've moved out of Iowa (about four and a half years ago) I found myself caring less and less about the happenings of the Hawkholes. I do however keep up with them just enough to give some friends grief.

I've been and am apart of other messageboards where of it seems like the regulars are all buddy buddy with each other and whenever you post, they basically all attack you. It appears several of the regular posters here know each other personally as well, but you don't get that group attack for asking something. Sometimes people don't realize (again, not so much here) that just because people don't post very often doesn't mean they don't read everyday etc.

Great website, keep up the good work everyone. Glad to be a member. Boo Hawkholes!

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Obviously I'm a little partial but I've been on hundreds of message boards over the life of the internet and I've tried to learn from each and created CF off of what lessons I learned being a regular member. There will always be differences in opinions and people are going to talk about a lot of the same subject, but it's how members on CF treat each other that really makes it stand out as something special. People here communicate rather than dictate and that's the key to having fun.

I've always said and will always repeat that I am the most open person to what I or the moderators do wrong. Without feedback, nobody can every really improve and I think one of the most important aspects of being in charge of something is being able to change and adapt to what the customer wants. At last check I had over 4,000 PMs in my inbox (thousands more in the archive) and my email folders have about 20,000 emails in them. I take feedback very well and respond to every suggestion with either a reason why we can't do what was suggested or for extra feedback on how best to implement those changes.

Anyways - I hope everybody likes CF and what it's become and I hope everybody finds it informative and entertaining - if not, then I haven't done my job. And considering I sleep about 2 hours a night, I'm sure trying:wink:

Howie3310

Mar 10, 2007
I, a Cyclone fan, have been attacked numerous times by other Cyclone fans because of my opinions. I respect other peoples opinions. My gloves are off, Cyclone Fanatic is turning into a Hawkeye discussion board? It's obvious most fans here agree on Cyclone sport topics. However, I am not part of this status quo and I have received a backlash. I go to ESPN.com message boards expecting theses things but not here. I'm already on my 2nd account here. But it's done, I'll get in little trash fights. Anyone have this problem? Probably not.

I assume my post in the Mike Taylor thread is what sparked this. I was just stating that Mike Taylor was a Cyclone, and you're trying to say that I am turning this into a Hawkeye discussion board?

:biglaugh:

I get ganged up on sometimes here too, I don't make much of it however, it's just a message board. I even got a giant pile of negative rep from one person, and that one person sent me wayyyy below negative. Don't care. :no: Life goes on. :yes:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron