Info: CF Users Browser Statistics

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Come on, I can't be the only one on Netscape Navigator! :cool:

I tip my hat to you sir.

I remember going to the basement of Durham at night and surfing the interwebs on Netscape. This was about the time that the original Warcraft was really cool to play over the lab's LAN. I'm really dating myself.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I tip my hat to you sir.

I remember going to the basement of Durham at night and surfing the interwebs on Netscape. This was about the time that the original Warcraft was really cool to play over the lab's LAN. I'm really dating myself.

Ahhh, back in the day where you paid for a web browser. Now THAT's back in the day!

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
I'd have to look it up for the name of it on my notebook, but my Firefox skin is based on classic Netscape. I went through page after page looking for the cleanest and best, instead of settling as I have before. I decided that was it. I wasn't looking specifically for Netscape. It was buried in about the middle of all the options (page 230 or something). There were 2 or 3 Netscape based themes like this.

As noted, IE 9 was a major improvement and update. Not sure how it would work on Windows XP (even if it does, though I assume so). But I didn't install it on my netbook (XP) figuring the design was too new and the computer too slow. As noted, it is still not the best interface, but is definitely a major upgrade.

Last edited:

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I tip my hat to you sir.

Circa 1995. Still play it occasionally.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
Circa 1995. Still play it occasionally.

I believe I have an unopened copy at my parents house. It was a fun game. I can't play it though, makes me realize how bad it is compared to Warcraft 2 or 3 or Starcraft. Like Diablo compared to Diablo 2.

I used to chill out on Netscape at my mom's work when I had a day off from school or was sick. Also remember having to ask permission from my dad whenever I wanted to play Starcraft because it tied up the telephone for a few hours. Gotta love dial-up.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I hardly ever hit the site other than the android app these days.

ZachsterPoke

Jan 4, 2010
So, the CF App for Android falls under the Android Browser, I assume?

And no, I only read page 1 & 6, nothing in between. :yes: