CF's Future: You decide, the site stays or goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
CF's Future: You decide, the site stays or goes

I am getting personally tired and worn out with all the bickering, bashing, name calling, arguments, and other unnecessary topics taking place over the past week or so. I know there is a lot of anxiety and nervousness in the air, change always causes that. But enough is enough. If people can't put aside their feelings from what other sites or members have or haven't done in the past, or what I have either reported or worded that you didn't agree with, I will shut-down the site to everybody but those I have grown to know and trust. The problems are only from a few new members but they are taking a toll on everybody else as well, not to mention everything else that is dividing the ISU fan-base.

If you have a problem with what I or anybody else reports or how they word it, tell them to correct it rather than debate for hours if there's a scandal or something brewing. Not everybody is a Pulitzer-Prize winning author and may need some assistance once in a while.

I am tired of all of the BS that has started to take place by new members and I will either turn off new registrations for a while or shut-down the whole darn site if things don't get back to where they were. The moderators and I are working feverishly on the site and at introducing some exciting new things but that can all change quickly.

We are working hard on getting t-shirts made, a CyFan club going, etc but this evening and the past few days are making me really start to question if it's all worth the stuff we put up with by trolls that are egged on and argued with in topics and threads. I work 50-60 hrs a week at a very intense job and work on the site another 40 or so hours and everything is going to start to suffer if things don't improve here.

You decide, CycloneFanatic can stay or go but something has to change.

Regretfully,
Jeremy

On a side note; I hope that people understand I put my reputation and sources on the line when I report news stories like Harbaugh. I don't need anymore criticism than I already get. If you have suggestions or feedback, do it in a constructive manner rather than arguing nonstop about every little detail. I am open to suggestions or writers, I'm not perfect.

Last edited:

colocy

Apr 11, 2006
If you're referring to me because I disagreed with you on calling Mike Taylor being better than Stinson. Is that why you're mad?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
If you're referring to me because I disagreed with you on calling Mike Taylor being better than Stinson. Is that why you're mad?

No, read the thread on Jer's breaking news about the new coach.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

It has nothing to do with that. I am extremely busy doing two different positions at work and this site has been an outlet and passion for me. Over the past couple of days people are constantly doing either innapropriate things, trying to hack the server, emailing me the most vulgar things, PMing members with insults, etc. I'm not singling out anybody or anything as the problem but rather everything as a whole. It's a collective problem of a large member-base and the anxiety going around with the coaching change. Nobody in particular is at fault but it needs to get better regardless.

I would also like to point out that it's hard enough for me to stick my head out there in announcing Harbaugh as the next coach, I don't need emails telling me that I'm going to hell for posting things too soon, etc. I've just had it and need a break from the problems. The moderators are great and I'm sure they'll continue to help out with keeping things clean why I try to stick to positive stories and news-worthy stories for a while.

Thanks,
Jer

cychief24

Nov 7, 2006
Since you are asking.........
maybe you should shut the site down until you can find a network to be a part of like Rivals or Scout. That would give you the legitimacy you crave.
Just a suggestion since you asked.
Take Care!

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
maybe you should shut the site down until you can find a network to be a part of like Rivals or Scout. That would give you the legitimacy you crave.
Take Care!

It's not legitamcy I crave, I have that with people that read the site and know what goes on. I crave a simpler world where people with things in common get along and stay on topic. Thanks for the suggestion though but I like the no ads and the freedom of everything:) Not a bash on anyother site that may have ads, just saying I don't like ads when I go to sites and I like the technical side of the site's workings.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
I know it's easier said than done, but try to ignore the haters. This is a great site and I would hate to see it go away. I appreciate the work and effort you put into this as it has grown. And of course the growth will expand the number of bad apples, but let's not let them ruin it for the majority.

Without intentionally comparing this to any other site, I enjoy the open forum to express reasonable opinions, and to keep up with news and some insider information sources are willing to share without having to deal with the "hush-hush" mindset. It's good to be able to have this type of an outlet on your site just like folks sitting around with folks in the donut shop. Now, if you can only provide donuts over the website. Mmmmm....donut.

Thanks.

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Take Care!

That would make this site cost money I think to be a part of those. I think that is why he doesn't want that. Besides there already are cyclone sites connected to those.

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
Jeremy, I'd like to say thanks for having/running/putting up with cyclone fanatic. It is great! I really don't know what type of advice/hope i can give about the content/slander improving....but I hope it does.....

ppclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
2 things.

1. Jeremy - did you delete the breaking news thread to diffuse the situation? Angie's post about that being the root of the issue led me to look at the facts, but i think its gone.

2. People - get off of Jeremy's back. He's doing this for nothin and spending 40 hours a week so we can have our own outlet. Dear lord. To jump all over the 'Harbaugh Exclusive' thread (though i have not seen) is crazy. I got dinged on 'reputation' points earlier this week for stating how funny this whole speculation game was.....and one of the people basically said 'this is a rumor board - what do you expect?'. Accurate. That's all this is people. Unlike other sites, CF is free....want to see it go away?

I don't. Last time i checked, we're all (or almost all) huge fans of Iowa State.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Jeremy,
You have a great site.
Don't let 1% of the Morons get to you. Maybe you could try quicker banning of a bad user?? I Don't know.

Good job overall. Just don't let this site ruin your "money making" career.
I wish people would understand that this is a great looking site and its free. In my opinion you can say what you want (to an extent).

jkoo

Apr 21, 2006
if jeremy shuts down this site, where will you all go to bicker about cyclone athletics with such quick responses from fellow fans? exactly, quit bashing the site and others with different views (isnt that the whole point of discussions????) and keep this site going with some decency. Keep on Jeremy.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I'm gonna agree with almost everyone. Just ignore tha haters and ban them or whatever you can, but this is the one true place alot of Cyclone "Fanatics" are turning these days and it's a great site....

Keep up the great work...

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I know it's easier said than done, but try to ignore the haters. This is a great site and I would hate to see it go away. I appreciate the work and effort you put into this as it has grown. And of course the growth will expand the number of bad apples, but let's not let them ruin it for the majority.

Without intentionally comparing this to any other site, I enjoy the open forum to express reasonable opinions, and to keep up with news and some insider information sources are willing to share without having to deal with the "hush-hush" mindset. It's good to be able to have this type of an outlet on your site just like folks sitting around with folks in the donut shop. Now, if you can only provide donuts over the website. Mmmmm....donut.

Thanks.

Couldn't have said it better myself. And for the small group of you that seem intent on bringing the site down, you're perfectly free to find another forum. We have a great core of Cyclone fans on here that appreciate what Jeremy does to both keep the site going and to keep us informed on the goings on of ISU athletics. For someone like me who lives in another state being able to stay up-to-date on ISU news and being able to share my opinions with fellow ISU fans is beyond valuable.

bld1942

Apr 7, 2006
I check this site at least 3 times a day and would miss not having it! You have a done a great service for CLONE FANS in my humble opinion by giving us this forum. THANKS!:wink0st:

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
I guess it depends on what you really want the site to be. If you want it to be something more journalistic like a newspaper, then you'll have to ignore the doofs. BUT, if you want it to be more like a gathering of friends who are smart and like to discuss all things ISU, then you'll need to let people in on a more elite status. Kind of like picking friends. There are people you just can't stand, so you just try to stay away from them and not associate with them.

So, I would vote for just shutting out the people that no one likes. The can go someplace else to play.

It seems rather childish, but if you look around, all age people do that in their everyday lives.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I haven't seen anything too excessively out of line lately aside from a post or two that were usually taken care of quickly. You mentioned emails and PMs, so I have to assume that there is a lot more going on than I'm seeing.

No CF would make me sad though. :no6xn:

Status
Not open for further replies.