Charlotte Transfer Dishon Jackson commits to the Cyclones!

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Videos!

From the highlight tapes - on the eye test his skill set looks like a taller Tre King more than a BRE or Ward. There were several times where he was the dribble handoff / screener at the top of the key and then took the ball to the rim with 2 dribbles. And several very nice backdoor passes out of the dribble handoff look.

He has a lot of "true" low post finishes, just back his guy down and finishing off the glass. While there were dunks when he was wide open, he seems to prefer layups more often

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Just what the doctor ordered, a big with two years left which gives our young bigs that we red shirted this year more time to develop as opposed to throwing them out there next season and learn on the floor.

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
So we've got the need now we'll see the want or better described the possible need.

I now we don't currently have an open but we need to give this team every opportunity to contend for a Natty.

First scenario Rock isn't going to be ready and we add another Center.

Second scenario Momcilovic plays mainly the 4 next year we add a big physical productive Wing.

Final scenario Momcilovic stays at the 3 primarily and TJ isn't comfortable counting on in house options and we add 4.

I can all but guarantee we do one of these options wouldn't be surprised if we do 2.
You didn't describe the scenario where Momcilovic declares for the draft. He probably isn't ready to be an NBA contributor, but that hasn't stopped players who graded out as first round picks in the past.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Woohoo! Looks like we found our new starting center!

Seems to have no trouble dunking!

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
You didn't describe the scenario where Momcilovic declares for the draft. He probably isn't ready to be an NBA contributor, but that hasn't stopped players who graded out as first round picks in the past.
Why is there always an ******* that wants to rain on one of the best Cyclone weekends ever?

CPG4ISU

Feb 22, 2024
Videos!

From the highlight tapes - on the eye test his skill set looks like a taller Tre King more than a BRE or Ward. There were several times where he was the dribble handoff / screener at the top of the key and then took the ball to the rim with 2 dribbles. And several very nice backdoor passes out of the dribble handoff look.

He has a lot of "true" low post finishes, just back his guy down and finishing off the glass. While there were dunks when he was wide open, he seems to prefer layups more often

If you think about it from a "replacement" persective...

-JT Rock will replace Ward as the "rim protector"
-Dishon will replace Tre as the "athletic big"
-Now we just need Big Rob Energy replacement. A hard working big man who will dive on the ground and fight for everything. Somebody with the blue collar energy that BRE has embodied.

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
When does this dude get on campus. He has the body and athleticism to be a good defender and an asset to the offense. I want him with TJ and Green ASAP.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines

-Now we just need Big Rob Energy replacement. A hard working big man who will dive on the ground and fight for everything. Somebody with the blue collar energy that BRE has embodied.
JT is not replacing Ward as a rim protector. Not this soon at least.

clonefanpaul

Omnipresent Lurker
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 28, 2009
Milwaukee, WI

I think JT will need another year or two. That's not a knock on him, he just needs to keep developing physically. All super tall folks take extra time to put on weight. I think it'll be his sophomore season where he starts getting minutes and junior/senior where he comes on strong.

Hopefully he proves me wrong and can put in good minutes next year though!