Charlotte Transfer Dishon Jackson commits to the Cyclones!

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I love his FT shooting numbers because it indicates he could be a threat from that 10-15 foot range. I think that's a big thing that's missing this year with Rob and Hasan. For as great as they are, being a non-threat from about 6 feet and out can gum things up offensively.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
While I'm sure NIL was discussed with Dishon, I'd bet our best recruiting pitch is actually the locker room chemistry we have right now. I think kids just really want to be a part of this team and buy into Otz's philosophy. I doubt we're outspending the likes of USC & Illinois.

And ISU has the receipts that players get substantially better at pretty much every position.

Add in that experience the players have had also has to play into it; there are kids out there that have a want or need for that genuine connection.

The program really does speak for itself.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Reminds me a bit of Kelvin Cato - to take you back a ways.

The more consistently we're getting national pub and being ultra competitive, the more it helps get these guys that could get 200K elsewhere or low to mid 5 digits here. If they know they're going to be on a winning team with great development opportunities to better their NBA chances, it levels the playing field drastically.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
So we've got the need now we'll see the want or better described the possible need.

I now we don't currently have an open but we need to give this team every opportunity to contend for a Natty.

First scenario Rock isn't going to be ready and we add another Center.

Second scenario Momcilovic plays mainly the 4 next year we add a big physical productive Wing.

Final scenario Momcilovic stays at the 3 primarily and TJ isn't comfortable counting on in house options and we add 4.

I can all but guarantee we do one of these options wouldn't be surprised if we do 2.

• Informative
Reactions: Jkclone15

Help Support Us

Become a patron