Alexander Robinson RBs
Todd Blythe WRs
Colin Franklin TEs
Ben Lamaak OL
Brent Curvey DL
Jake Knott LBs
Ellis Hobbs CBs
Grant Mahoney special teams

Posturing for the position and former College coach.

I am not just pulling **** outta my ***.

Sage and Seneca both want it. Both NFL guys. Why not? No way should they be Head Coaches or OCs, but I a position coach? Why not.

Also, it won't happen.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Starting to hear some serious rumors about les miles and leath likes the guy.

There is NO way this happens. Don't get all worked up about it. Just like we aren't getting Tom Herman either.

Some of these names just need to be put to rest already.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Why not take a swing at it at least? Thats what you have search firms for, to gauge potential interest behind the scenes.

DumbFan

Mar 15, 2009
Central Iowa
Doug Meacham. He is an assistant at TCU. I like his resume and recruiting connections. Offense guy. Wonder if he is looking to get out from under Gary Patterson's shadow and lead a program... No smoke here i just like the name.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
On the Stitt hire - why is a guy like that still at Montana? And only one year at that?

Just something that concerns me I guess.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Why not take a swing at it at least? Thats what you have search firms for, to gauge potential interest behind the scenes.

Of course you take a swing at it.

I just think the way it was worded "Leath likes him" is a big no ****. Of course you would like the guy that wins 11 games a year and has a national title. We'd all take him. I just kind of doubt that if Les Miles wants back in for next year (and most elite coaches do take a year off), that Iowa State is at the top of his list.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I trust Leath to make a better call than JP at this point. I like the cut of Leath's jib with his not settling mentality.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I would think Mizzou would take a run at Miles. SEC East is weaker, he could do well.

SEC is known have coaches move around within the conference

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
The Google app on my phone suggested I read this SBNation article, and between it and all the other Stitt articles I'm on the bandwagon, let's do it.

However, many have also been saying we need to be The Power Team of the Big 12 b/c we can't compete for the spread offense athletes a system like Stitt's would need. (I'm assuming can get FCS level spread athletes to Mont easier than fbs level spread athletes to ISU.) So can those competing ideas be reconciled?

High hopes: Frost or Stitt.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...bob-stitt-iowa-state-football-coaching-search

http://espn.go.com/ncf/story/_/id/13529396/montana-grizzlies-coach-bob-stitt-cult-favorite-coaches

No thanks on Navy coach...option seems to risky.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Been hearing the same thing... word is Les will take a really low salary to make sure LSU ends up paying most of his buyout amount.

Nice. Unfortunately I'm scared on his inept offense mainly on the QB side and no way he gets that kind of defensive talent here

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Starting to hear some serious rumors about les miles and leath likes the guy.

ISU Football's Johnny Orr. Late career change from major program to low program. Large personality. Your post makes me think we've moved up from a 0% chance to a .0000001% chance of getting him!

g11

Nov 22, 2015
Wow, your trolling is as subtle as a sledge hammer.

Why not? At least come up with a reason why he wouldn't be a decent fit.

I'll give you a few why I think he'd do pretty well:

Smash mouth pro style offense - Good line play, running game, play action success. A smart clock control offense would succeed in the big12.

His recruiting and player development at Iowa was very under-rated. Very good with QBs and WRs.
He'll run a clean program, do things the right way.
He also knows the area very well for recruiting, he found a lot of overlooked gems.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Stitt would be my favorite at the moment. I wonder though if Stitt could see ISU as career suicide. Unless he wants to get to FBS as soon as possible (quite possible) or sees ISU as a destination job (haha), he may feel he's better off entering the FBS level at a MAC type team or any other power 5 team than ISU. He may have to be persuaded with a big pay check. Jamie kept trying to make it clear during the press conference today that money wouldn't be an issue.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I seriously like Rob Ash who just got dumped at Montana State.. which I still don't understand why they fired him but had a connection to Iowa and pretty much hired sturdy until Iowa State did..

HiltonSouth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2010
Kansas City
Just spent an hour or so drinking a couple beers and reading up on Stitt and honestly, I love this choice! It might be a bit tough since he's only been at Montana a season, but it would be worth throwing the checkbook at it. From my research, it looks like he is making $175,000 this year plus a potential $50k bonus. If we went in and offered him like $1.5mill + incentives we'd still be giving him a huge raise to come over as well as save us a bit of money until he proves himself at this level in this conference.

I love his style. I love his offense. I love his personality and how much family means to him. I just think he'd be a great fit for Ames, Iowa and Iowa State University. Plus, I don't seem him bolting for the first job offer that comes if he were successful here. You don't stay at Colorado School of Mines for 15 years if you're looking to bolt. LOL!

Loved watching his press conference intro at Montana. Great personality and a fun guy that just wins. He gets my vote as of today!

[video=youtube;b5DndcbbsUE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5DndcbbsUE[/video]