Cold Brew by Northern Vessel

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
The can I had says one of the ingredients is "Orange Extract". Horrible taste.
I was excited to try this. Ordered 2 four packs. Unfortunately I now regret it. It just doesn’t taste good to me. I think it’s the added citrus

Yeah I bought 6 cans at Hy-Vee back before they could ship and they all had a weird taste to them. I could taste solid coffee in there, but it was overshadowed by the weird taste. Had multiple people try them and all had the same opinion - best we could describe was a metallic-like taste almost (not sure if it's from the cans or what). Hoping to try again and have better results.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
I don’t even know what cold brew is to be honest
Instead of running hot water over the grounds, the grounds are steeped in cold water for several hours. Cold brew packs a stronger punch and supposed to be less acidic.

Reactions: Drew0311

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Found some on the service counter of the West Ames HyVee a few weeks ago. It was really good, strong, cold coffee.

RollClones14

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2018
I also really didn't like the first few cans I bought due to the strong, honestly fake, citrus flavor. @brentblum, I know you had mentioned they were maybe going to cut back on the orange extract. Did that ever come to fruition?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I don't even recall any citrus notes. Not sure what you guys are talking about.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
I also really didn't like the first few cans I bought due to the strong, honestly fake, citrus flavor. @brentblum, I know you had mentioned they were maybe going to cut back on the orange extract. Did that ever come to fruition?
Yes, the newer iteration has less of a bite. Getting better each version. Appreciate everyone’s support. Between all of our partnerships last month we received over $40,000 in contributions to We Will and this was with Ames Lager nowhere near at max capacity. Please keep drinking :)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yes, the newer iteration has less of a bite. Getting better each version. Appreciate everyone’s support. Between all of our partnerships last month we received over $40,000 in contributions to We Will and this was with Ames Lager nowhere near at max capacity. Please keep drinking :)
Wonder if I got an old can. Daughter brought a couple cans home for me last weekend. She had an open can so it was more room temp but it was not a pleasant taste.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
If some people don't like the cold brew, or prefer a hot coffee, would NV have the means (if not now, in the future) to sell and ship some of their ground coffee?

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
If some people don't like the cold brew, or prefer a hot coffee, would NV have the means (if not now, in the future) to sell and ship some of their ground coffee?
One of the nice things about cold brew is that you can heat it up, and it doesn't taste scorched or old like hot coffee that has cooled down. The lack of acidity makes it very versatile.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
One of the nice things about cold brew is that you can heat it up, and it doesn't taste scorched or old like hot coffee that has cooled down. The lack of acidity makes it very versatile.

What kind of animal drinks hot coffee that has cooled off??

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
What kind of animal drinks hot coffee that has cooled off??
Busy people? People that drank coffee before yetis and the like were ubiquitous? A lot of old people will heat their coffee back up in the microwave.

Reactions: MugNight