Congrats on the win

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Hey y’all,

I didn’t get to watch the game today(maybe for the best lol). But I just wanted to congratulate y’all on the win. Y’all are a really really good team and I’m so glad we get to be in a conference with teams of your caliber. Maybe a 2 seed in the tournament but you guys have the makings of a 1 seed. I’ll be rooting for y’all in the tournament.
Houston should have been added to the Big 12 a long time ago, but theyre here now and thats all that matters. Im hoping this season is just the start of what becomes a great dogfight of a rivalry for the top of the league.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
This one was probably over once the big guy got the leg bruise. Might have been different if Tuggler wasn’t out for the year. But Houston didn’t have the depth inside to stand up to this ISU team. Hopefully they can get some guys healthy and make a run.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Hey y’all,

I didn’t get to watch the game today(maybe for the best lol). But I just wanted to congratulate y’all on the win. Y’all are a really really good team and I’m so glad we get to be in a conference with teams of your caliber. Maybe a 2 seed in the tournament but you guys have the makings of a 1 seed. I’ll be rooting for y’all in the tournament.
Right back at you - Houston was clearly the best team in the Big 12 regular season. Tonight was a 99%-Ile game for both of us but in different directions. I think we're both top 5 teams this year and as usual will be rooting for the entire conference in the tourney.

Thankfully I won't have to root for K-State.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
From what I have seen from Houston fans (including the OP) I think they are really excited to be in a premier bball conference. High level program should be in a high level conference. Several tweets about how great KC was due to actually having fans there that care.

Cougar bball fans - you have found your people in the Big12! Welcome aboard.

Also, rough outcome tonight. Clones played their A+ game, and you guys finally had a bad game - Shead had an off night, injuries... it happens. Just happened at a terrible time for you. Best of luck in the NCAAs!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Hey y’all,

I can’t think of better basketball adds than Houston, Arizona, Cincy and BYU. The others all have a lot of potential too.

Shead is one of the best B12 PotY I’ve seen and I’ve been a Big 12 fan since ‘96. He should be NPotY if the voters actually watch the games and don’t just look at stats.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Great first post OP. Thank you. Time for a rematch in the final game of the season.

Arizona fans gotta be looking like… what have we gotten ourselves into. lol.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY and Aclone

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Tom of respect for Houston. Sampson’s post game was about as good as you get from a coach in that situation. You guys need to get healthy and you’ve got a great chance to get to the finals. Hopefully we can meet a fourth time there!

Reactions: Aclone

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
We are getting rid of Texas shortly and recently added Houston. Greatest Texas two-step ever.

It's March Madness. Let's ******* dance.

• Winner
Reactions: cymac2408

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Great first post OP. Thank you. Time for a rematch in the final game of the season.

Arizona fans gotta be looking like… what have we gotten ourselves into. lol.
Utah and Arizona fans have been chirping a lot about the tourney being in KC while Houston seems to have understood why it's there.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Houston has been an amazing addition for the big 12 basketball brand. I’ll be having Houston going far in the tournament. Their fans have been nothing but classy from the ones I’ve interacted with plus they seem to be the only fan base in Texas that agrees with the tournament being in KC.

I would both love and dread a rematch in the final four.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Houston is a great program and glad you are in the Big 12. Will be rooting for you guys when not playing ISU in the tournament. You have the makings of a championship caliber team.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This one was probably over once the big guy got the leg bruise. Might have been different if Tuggler wasn’t out for the year. But Houston didn’t have the depth inside to stand up to this ISU team. Hopefully they can get some guys healthy and make a run.

Agree with this. Not sure Houston could have beat us last night even if they were fully healthy... that was the best we've played this entire year IMO.... but I wish Houston was at full strength last night, it would have been a much better game.

I hope Houston can get a few of their guys back for the NCAA Tourney... I want them to do well... unless they are playing ISU of course!

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Always root for the conference teams in the NCAA tourney, hope you get guys healthy and make a run. Would be great to see each other again in the Final Four.

CyCoug

Sep 19, 2021
Well BYU dad sure looks like a (more of a) putz with someone classy showing up.
I responded with an “informative” to that one. Turns out it’s bad form to show up on an opposing message board and act all smug.

If I run across BYU dad (who seems to have cut and run), I’ll be sure to point him to this as a response that endears vs antagonizes.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Agree with this. Not sure Houston could have beat us last night even if they were fully healthy... that was the best we've played this entire year IMO.... but I wish Houston was at full strength last night, it would have been a much better game.

I hope Houston can get a few of their guys back for the NCAA Tourney... I want them to do well... unless they are playing ISU of course!
Yeah, they might not have beaten ISU last night even at full strength. But, they were concerned about our inside game and as soon as we started hitting 3s, they had to get out on shooters leaving the middle open for back cuts. Having a healthy Roberts would have changed things and if they had Tuggler too, they are incredibly hard to beat. IMO a fully healthy Roberts makes this more like a 10 point game instead of 30…even with as good as we were playing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron