Copper Beach apartments

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Has anyone on here lived there or had a kid live there? My son and his buddies are planning to move there in the fall. Pretty neat set up, but wondering if there are any things to watch out for. I still would rather buy a house and lease it out to them, but I can't get my wife to jump on board.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
Last I knew they’d have huge pool parties. Drugs like coke were available at them. Cops have busted up a lot of parties there in the summer months. Fights too.

Last edited:

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Last I knew they’d have huge pool parties. Dungs like coke were available at them. Cops have busted up a lot of parties there in the summer months. Fights too.
You busting my chops? Or are you being serious? Guessing if stuff like that goes on there it goes on everywhere. My son won't even drink so I'm not worried about him getting into that, but maybe his roommates.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Lived there. Buildings are of...okay construction, or at least they were when I was there 5 years ago. Did have some problems with management at times...once with cars getting towed. Another time, my next door neighbor's bedroom had a screwed up wall that festered tons of mold. He had to vacate the room and they were trying to stick him with the repairs and his overnights elsewhere while out of there and such.

Proximity to campus was nice. Works well for sporting events, just walking. There's a dedicated busline between there and campus, and just driving or walking to the commuter lots to catch a bus there is also easy if needed.

Overall, it was fine I guess. Not much better or worse than other places in Ames.

Reactions: stateofmind

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Pretty cool 4 BR plan with 4.5 baths. $500+fees/month and it's furnished. Pool, and workout facility. Internet and other utilities included except for electric. The only downside is 12 month lease, and signing a 35 page lease agreement.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
My daughter lives there. This is year number three. She is in a three bedroom. The layout is great with the bedrooms on the first and third floors and the shared living area on the second. She/we have had no issues. Moving in is a workout. Lots of stairs to climb. You have a monthly electric allowance, most months they will exceed that but it hasn’t been bad. This winter may be higher with the cost of utilities going up.

Help Support Us

Become a patron