Cory Johnson

Rickybaby

Apr 15, 2006
Someone else posted that CJ seems to play better the longer he is in the game and I've noticed the same thing. As long as he plays only 10 mins per game and plays in short spurts his numbers will never be good, IMO. Then again as long as we have Rashon and Wesley who are about the same size and play similiar positions, CJ will not get the big minutes he needs to be truly successful. I see him replacing A LOT of Rashons mins next year, though and I think CJ will be a very valuable part of the team next year. Yeah, more of the always next year business. Sorry.

One other thing, CJ standing next to Rashon and he is at least as tall as him and perhaps a bit taller and he was listed at 6-7. I believe he is a legit 6-7; so where are people getting he's more like 6-5/6-6.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Jeff Rutter said he was about 6'6" 1/2 this morning on the radio.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
In the end, our success as a program will be based on hard work much more than raw talent, and that is where a guy like Cory Johnson fits in.

Cory has raw talent. It's a matter of having it fit in with our team.

Anyone who's met Cory knows that any coach would kill to have that sort of guy associated with their program. On the court, he's a tireless worker who will give you everything he has. Off the court, he's not your usual stuck up college athlete...very down to Earth and just a great guy to be around. Cory will give this program everything he has.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

Anyone who's met Cory knows that any coach would kill to have that sort of guy associated with their program. On the court, he's a tireless worker who will give you everything he has. Off the court, he's not your usual stuck up college athlete...very down to Earth and just a great guy to be around. Cory will give this program everything he has.

I agree 100%.

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006

Yea but who wants quality people involved with ISU athletics? Can't we just win now? [sarcasm]

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Yea but who wants quality people involved with ISU athletics? Can't we just win now? [sarcasm]

You do know that it is possible to be both a quality athlete and a quality person at the same time...don't you?

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
For everybody getting annoyed in this thread, this works great.

n16930950_35689046_1960.jpg

God forbid you hear opinions that don't match your own world view!

Help Support Us

Become a patron