Status
Not open for further replies.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Well color me shocked, I made it 3 years without getting Covid until 2 days ago.
I thought I was one of those rare immune people for the longest time.

It's still alive and well and since I haven't gotten it before, it does suck lol

Edit: Updated OP to include link to request 4 free covid tests from government.

Last edited:

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I was dealing with Covid when Iowa State Upset Oklahoma State back in 2021. At least I had a good memory of that experience. I also got Influenza A a few months later. I know that Covid affects people in varying ways but the Influenza was way worse than Covid for me.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Yeah, it's all a blur....as i had minor "day after the vaccine" yuck...but did get it last summer the first time and I now remember it was a several days of horrible.

A family member got it a few weeks back and i didn't....but have had coworkers get it again and definitely ranges of impact.

Hope you get through it and feel better soon!

• Friendly
Reactions: Cfinnerty16

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Well color me shocked, I made it 3 years without getting Covid until 2 days ago.

It's still alive and well and since I haven't gotten it before, it does suck lol
Just remember to take it easy even if you start feeling a bit better because symptoms would come and go for me.

• Friendly

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Sorry. It sucks. Totally knocked me out for a little over a week last year when rev went out of town for a work trip.

As she gets ready for another trip, kiddo's piano teacher is down with COVID, she has a coworker who has it running through their home, and I've got coworkers with it. This is not the annual tradition I want to have rolling along.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Think I had it in late August into early September. I was down for the count the first 3 weekends of the football season. I of course went into the walk in clinic the first weekend I felt symptoms and they aren't even testing for it anymore. They Dr. or nurse practitioner or whomever it was that day just prescribed me a steroid (which did nothing to help) and sent me on my way.

• Sad

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

If you can, try to get the Paxolid or whatever it's called. Research coming out showing that it reduces chance of getting long Covid. Hope you feel better quickly!

Good reminder to get boosters - my arm is sore today but I legitimately did not feel her do that shot. The flu one now........that one definitely burned this year!

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Just remember to take it easy even if you start feeling a bit better because symptoms would come and go for me.
Yeah my body aches aren't as bad today, I think I'm in the "false getting better" phase. I fully expect it to get worse again within the next couple days.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
If you can, try to get the Paxolid or whatever it's called. Research coming out showing that it reduces chance of getting long Covid. Hope you feel better quickly!

Good reminder to get boosters - my arm is sore today but I legitimately did not feel her do that shot. The flu one now........that one definitely burned this year!
Thanks for reminding me. I tried to get a booster last month when I got my flu shot but the booster wasn't available yet at The Iowa Clinic. I need to follow-up to see if it is available.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Thanks for reminding me. I tried to get a booster last month when I got my flu shot but the booster wasn't available yet at The Iowa Clinic. I need to follow-up to see if it is available.

it's been harder to find this year, especially for kids.

Reactions: MJ29

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Just like flu season we're going to have covid season. I've had it three times. Covid for me has been one day of fever and then a week of feeling like a bad cold. I've had the Pfizer vax and 1 booster.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021

This is a really good suggestion but currently Paxolid is only able to be prescribed for those deemed high risk, so anyone 50 or older or with preexisting conditions. It also has interactions with a lot of medications so make sure your physician is up to date on what you are taking.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Also, fun fact for everyone that I didn't know about!
I got put on a couple week treatment of Omeprazole (basically Prilosec) because I was getting bad gerd from my hyperactive gallbladder.

Well to my surprise, apparently people who are on PPIs like Omeprazole or Pepcid, are more likely to contract covid because of the raised PH level of your stomach which allows the virus to grow more freely in the gut.
There was one study contradicting it, but many more supporting it.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Just like flu season we're going to have covid season. I've had it three times. Covid for me has been one day of fever and then a week of feeling like a bad cold. I've had the Pfizer vax and 1 booster.
I'm just planning to get a flu shot and covid booster every year. In 2021, I missed my appointment to get my flu shot and never bothered to reschedule. Getting Influenza A later that year was a good lesson on why I should get a flu shot.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Currently dealing with this as well. Third time I have gotten covid and each time, symptoms have been slightly different. This time is the first time I have lost my smell. Really, really strange stuff.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I'm just planning to get a flu shot and covid booster every year. In 2021, I missed my appointment to get my flu shot and never bothered to reschedule. Getting Influenza A later that year was a good lesson on why I should get a flu shot.
I had influenza A last year and wanted to die, felt like I couldn't breathe for a week.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
We came down with it hard the first day of our big Disney World trip last year - sucked big time. Our makeup trip in the fall we got Influenza A on the first day.

I'm struggling to figure out if I'm going to get the flu shot and covid booster this year. I always get them both but with my medical issues, afraid of introducing extra variables.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I'm not sure about getting any more boosters. I had some pretty bad reactions to the last. Worse than getting covid honestly. Not anti-vax or trying to discourage anyone from getting it, just not sure it's something I want to deal with again.

Status
Not open for further replies.