CPR on the td pass from Lanning to Lazard...

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
To me, this has nothing to do with Sam vs Lanning.

This has to do with recruiting a stud in Allen Lazard. A 6'5 beast. You recruit him to be a difference maker on your team. Well, he had single coverage, Lanning made the right read and let the STUD go make a play. He did and turned it into 6.

Instead of simply saying it was a great play by Lazard, he says it's a pass that shouldn't have been made. Why?

Control freak? The pass was suppose to be a run?

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

This has to do with recruiting a stud in Allen Lazard. A 6'5 beast. You recruit him to be a difference maker on your team. Well, he had single coverage, Lanning made the right read and let the STUD go make a play. He did and turned it into 6.

Instead of simply saying it was a great play by Lazard, he says it's a pass that shouldn't have been made. Why?

It worked which means they'll try it again and he doesn't want to take those kind of risks. Or, he doesn't want other teams to know we have that ability.

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
youtube video suggestion about CPR's comment on Lanning

Can someone put up a video of the play Lanning made and how poorly CPR addressed it by discrediting Lanning? This video will go viral and get more hits than CPR's pride video.

I cannot imagine how any player in their right mind would play for him after this sickening comment.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Re: youtube video suggestion about CPR's comment on Lanning

Can someone put up a video of the play Lanning made and how poorly CPR addressed it by discrediting Lanning? This video will go viral and get more hits than CPR's pride video.

I cannot imagine how any player in their right mind would play for him after this sickening comment.

No, no it won't. Because nobody outside of ISU cares.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Judoka posted gifs of the Lanning throw and the SBR throw on the next series. Basically the same throw on opposite sides of the field.

the big difference was that Lanning basically "threw Lazard open" while on the SBR throw Lazard was 5 yards free of his guy.

The only explanation to me is that the coaching staff really REALLY REALLY doesn't want their QBs taking any changes throwing to covered receivers or "throwing receivers open". Thinking back to SBR's career, that seems to be a pattern. If the receiver isn't wide open, he usually doesn't make the throw.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

Im as upset with this regime as you are. But not sure we need to create an internet movement to bring it down.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

How about Wide Right guys?

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO

No, no it won't. Because nobody outside of ISU cares.

It will! It damn well will! That was the best decision you could make as a backup QB to show what you're capable of and instead of giving him kudos you get discredit. The media will love a youtube appreciation of CPR.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No. That pass went ten more yards in the air than any of Sam's seasonal completions. It also got there quicker.

Yes he has. I don't have time to cut it up but he's thrown that pass better all year. Sam has weaknesses but that throw isn't one of them. He will put it where it needs to be 90% of the time. There are enough things wrong with this program. People don't need to just make them up.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

It will! It damn well will! That was the best decision you could make as a backup QB to show what you're capable of and instead of giving him kudos you get discredit. The media will love a youtube appreciation of CPR.
I smell CBS Sports or Yardbarker.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
herm-meme-generator-you-play-to-win-the-game-1fe5f0.jpg

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Im as upset with this regime as you are. But not sure we need to create an internet movement to bring it down.

Might be a good video to see how many people can get blocked by Jamie Pollard by tweeting it at him

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN

Exactly why this was absolutely a moronic thing to say. I don't have any problem with continuing to use SBR in the game, as he also made some nice plays in the 1st. But to bench Lanning for the remainder of the game for throwing a TD pass to our best player? Is it any wonder we have been unable to produce a decent QB in the CPR era? Hard to believe every single one of these guys has been a miss.

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
"probably not a ball that should have been thrown."

I thought is was a good back shoulder pass to our best receiver who then made a heck of a play to shake loose for a td.

HOLY ****!!!! Completely F'd This is Insane.. IT was single coverage?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I don't care who the receiver is if you have single coverage, you have to throw the god damn ball.. This is the last straw...

I have a signed Paul Rhoades Football that is now available. I cant even look at it.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Didn't he mean it as being a tough throw to make. And if it had been to somebody else, it probably wouldn't have been caught?

I mean, it was a long pass to a heavily covered receiver (so heavy they threw a flag), but Lazard made a great catch, threw his defender to the ground and scored. About 90% of the effort on that play was him.

Uh, no. They asked him about that particular play. He answered about that particular pass. It wasn't an answer about pass plays in general. It was about that particular 70-yd TD pass.