Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I don’t think the app really does much for you as far as additional card rewards?

I do use the app when I check out - you can look at whatever circle/ad deals they have and save the “coupons” in your wallet, along with your card. One scan and you’re done.

View attachment 126900
I thought I got a message about changes to that, too, meaning you'd no longer need to add offers to your wallet. They'll just automatically be included when you scan at checkout. Which is how it should be anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Why do people always have to try to denigrate someone who doesn't do things the way they do it? It shows your maturity level or your party affiliation, I can't decide which.

Sorry I guess I should have added the joking emote or something. Live your life buddy I don’t care. I wasn’t being serious at all.

cedarstrip

Aug 26, 2013
I just received a notice from Citi they are lowering my credit limit from 24,600 to 17,470 since I don't use my available credit. I can request to have the higher limit reinstated, should I? I have an additional 30k available on two other cards. I assume the lower limit would lower my credit score? My credit score is currently super excellent and I would like to keep it that way.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Why do people always have to try to denigrate someone who doesn't do things the way they do it? It shows your maturity level or your party affiliation, I can't decide which.

I mean you did offer the information about yourself unprompted. It’s kind of a weird flex.

Reactions: wxman1

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
My wife and I are pretty new to the credit card world. We really only carry and use debit cards.

Is there a decent site that will compare rates and perks across a bunch of different cards? What is a normal interest rate on CCs these days?
I'm not big on websites but I transferred some debt onto a card with 1.9% for a year to pay off some debt. So my advice is check with the financial institutions you already have relationships with.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I just received a notice from Citi they are lowering my credit limit from 24,600 to 17,470 since I don't use my available credit. I can request to have the higher limit reinstated, should I? I have an additional 30k available on two other cards. I assume the lower limit would lower my credit score? My credit score is currently super excellent and I would like to keep it that way.
I'm guessing it has an overall negligible impact on credit score long term. But it doesn't hurt to ask to keep the limit.

Last edited:

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
My credit is impeccable. It comes in handy when I date European Models.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Nobody was flexing. I posted about my credit card use in a thread titled "credit cards." Sue me.

I know. I read your post. How does never using a credit card add to a conversation about credit cards where the OP was asking about what credit card to look into getting?

Like I said, and will stand by it, it seemed like a weird flex to point out you never have borrowed money or used a credit card, completely unprompted.

Reactions: Tailg8er

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

I think this is flat out bragging not even humble bragging. Just curious personal or business cards?

cedarstrip

Aug 26, 2013
I think this is flat out bragging not even humble bragging. Just curious personal or business cards?
I didn't want it to come across that way but it is extremely difficult to ask the question without stating the facts. This is my personal score and I will be applying for a mortgage soon. Credit scores suck in the fact that I have no idea what the correct "move" should be!

Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I didn't want it to come across that way but it is extremely difficult to ask the question without stating the facts. This is my personal score and I will be applying for a mortgage soon. Credit scores suck in the fact that I have no idea what the correct "move" should be!

Also I should have put the winky eye emoji in, I forgot it. Good luck on your mortgage.

Reactions: cedarstrip

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I think payment history and account age account for like 70% of your score. As long as you keep your utilization rate low I think it should be pretty small or not at all.

Reactions: cedarstrip

Help Support Us

Become a patron