Credit Cards

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
We have the debit version of this. You get the 5% with no separate bill to pay. It just pulls from the checking account. If you’re a target shopper, there is zero reason to skip out on getting one of these.

Had the credit version for almost 10 years now. More straightforward benefits than most CCs out there.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I've had a Navy Federal rewards Visa card for 30 years. No idea what my interest rate is, but I get around $500 a year cash back. Credit cards are a horrible idea in general, but so are hookers and blow, so it's the lesser of two evils for me. I'm sure I've been super helpful. LOL
So you are charging your hookers and blow on your credit card? If it’s 1%, that means you are right at a grand a week combined.

cedarstrip

Aug 26, 2013
You don’t use the annual companion fare deal?
I kept the card. I haven't used the companion fare yet. Had enough bonus miles for both tickets on the trip to Alaska and my latest trips have been out east where Alaska doesn't fly.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I don't buy airline tickets, but you can always use cash or at least you could the two times I did buy airline tickets back in the 70s. I've also rented cars without a credit card, but again, back in the 70s. I just stayed in a hotel this spring/early summer when a storm knocked out my electricity for four days. I had no problem using a debit card. I know some hotels won't accept a debit card for a deposit. I also know some car rental places won't accept a debit card for the same reason. I lead a pretty simple life and don't use them a lot anyway.

Yeah, being Amish isn’t for everybody.

Big Daddy Kang

Mar 20, 2021
I've never used a credit card, never borrowed money and therefor have no credit history other than bill paying. It hasn't impacted me in the least that I can tell. I pay cash for everything. If I don't have enough cash, then I wait until I do. I know, I'm odd.
1712144088547.png

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Why circle versus just staying red card?
They are renaming the Red card to the Target Circle card. I just got that email this morning. I don’t think they’re changing anything but the name.

Like AgronAlum I have this as a debit card tied to my checking account. It’s money I’d be spending anyway, but I get an automatic 5% discount and sometimes deeper deals on Target Circle items. It’s a no-brainer, particularly when they have some items like eggs or pet products cheaper than I can get them at HyVee, even before the 5% off.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
/shrug/

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of marketing departments?

(I think, although I’m not certain, that you could have a Target Circle account without having a Red card. Maybe you still can, I don’t know, but my guess is they’re trying to streamline their offerings for marketing purposes)

You can and I think you get 1% rewards if you use circle without a red card plus whatever special circle deals they have going on. My wife always scans her phone for the circle thing but I'm not sure what it really does for us.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
You can and I think you get 1% rewards if you use circle without a red card plus whatever special circle deals they have going on. My wife always scans her phone for the circle thing but I'm not sure what it really does for us.

I don’t think the app really does much for you as far as additional card rewards?

I do use the app when I check out - you can look at whatever circle/ad deals they have and save the “coupons” in your wallet, along with your card. One scan and you’re done.

1712153949490.png

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I don’t think the app really does much for you as far as additional card rewards?

I do use the app when I check out - you can look at whatever circle/ad deals they have and save the “coupons” in your wallet, along with your card. One scan and you’re done.

View attachment 126900
Food lion does this too and honestly it's my favorite "rewards" type program because of the coupon thing