Crowd wearing yellow for akron game

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Anything the team could wear? Don’t think they have any yellow jerseys or helmets with their new designs.
From a story on Instagram it said they were going to incorporate yellow somehow into the uniforms. It may just be undershirts, or arm/leg gear.

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I hope the football team can come up with yellow jerseys and/or pants - even if they have to use last year's uniforms.

Yellow helmets would be really super cool and something a lot of us have been hoping for anyway - but that's probably highly unlikely.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Spain's national flag, notice the similarity?

87659392-flag-of-spain-in-national-colors-and-proportions-vector.jpg

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
Not sure who the text message pictured is from/to, but I've seen it shared by several team members and the "our team gonna do that" makes me pretty sure they've found some way to wear gold.

I think the blue text is Kyle Kempt (or other athlete?) and the grey text is someone from the men's or women's golf team (hence "our team", additional evidence = the golfer emoji in the contact name on top.) Football team will probably have to make do with a lot of yellow gloves and armbands, etc.

-edit - or Kempt just shared a screenshot

Last edited:

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Not sure who the text message pictured is from/to, but I've seen it shared by several team members and the "our team gonna do that" makes me pretty sure they've found some way to wear gold.
I’m 99% sure that text was from a golf team member. Team still could wear gold (it’d be last years jerseys) but not based off that picture

Reactions: bawbie

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I think the blue text is Kyle Kempt and the grey text is someone from the golf team (hence "our team", additional evidence = the golfer emoji in the contact name on top.) Football team will probably have to make do with a lot of yellow gloves and armbands, etc.
The original text convo was from someone on the gymnastics team and a golfer I’m pretty sure. Not that it really matters but just to clear it up

• Informative
Reactions: k123

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
What an absolute horrible tragedy! Don't know what to say other than my thoughts and prayers...

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I believe that Peavy lead the team out with the Texas Flag, right after Hurricane Harvey? last year.
It would be nice to see a Captain lead the Team out with the Flag of Spain.

Please make this happen ISU FB Team!

Maybe play Spain's national anthem the way we play the Canadian anthem in Hilton when our Canadian players graduate (if that would be meaningful to her, her teammates, and/or her family)?