MLB: Cubbies new GM?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I'd give up every single one of them if it got Epstein. He's got a decent track record.

The Red Sox were having issues too...I'd say they turned out alright with Epstein at the reins.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I'd give up every single one of them if it got Epstein. He's got a decent track record.

The Red Sox were having issues too...I'd say they turned out alright with Epstein at the reins.

Not lately though.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
If he goes to the Cubs and wins a WS, he will be known as the greatest GM EVER. Breaking the 2 most recognizable curses in MLB history.

Reactions: CyDude16

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
Carl Crawford=Alfonso Soriano?

But like my buddy just said, Hendry 0, Epstein 2. Lot to be said for that.

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa
Not lately though.

I can't believe the ignorance of people who say this about Francona and Epstein. Its not their fault that a guy like Lackey stopped training when he got paid and Carl Crawford got off to a horrible start and couldn't handle it mentally.

I guess what have you done for me lately is just too prevalent.

Half the Red Sox starting rotation was hurt the last half of the year including Beckett who pitched through it most of the 2nd half. Its totally Francona and Epstein's fault for that.

Creed

Mar 14, 2011
Fort Dodge
I sure hope not....I like what he's done with the Sox. Minus JD Drew, John Lackey, Julio Lugo, and Dice-K. But every GM is going to have a few of those. But seriously, hope this doesn't happen.

tjh1984

Feb 11, 2009
New Orleans
Love this!!! He was seen at the Starbucks a block from my apt this past weekend....please make this happen and sign CJ Wilson...that's all I ask for!!!

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
I sure hope not....I like what he's done with the Sox. Minus JD Drew, John Lackey, Julio Lugo, and Dice-K. But every GM is going to have a few of those. But seriously, hope this doesn't happen.

What has he done lately that any other GM couldn't do with the same resources? Nothing. He was great, but now he's nothing special.

Not saying I want him gone, but I won't care too much if he leaves.

Creed

Mar 14, 2011
Fort Dodge
What has he done lately that any other GM couldn't do with the same resources? Nothing. He was great, but now he's nothing special.

I guess you have a point. The main thing he did was bring in the numbers game to the Sox as well as building the farm system. I guess I would be fine with him going as long as the replacement has the same philosophy.

It would be a great hire for the Cubs, as they have been last or near the bottom for walks the last few years, and I don't think that is a coincidence. Personally I think they needed to blow it all up last year and start rebuilding. Then they got Garza and Pena and confused me.