cuss words

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Well first off its the ******* internet, its all over. Second I feel most of the people who post here are mature adults. Thirdly kids younger than the ones who post/read here are exposed to far more at school, on tv, and at their/friends homes. Bad language just isn't want it used to be.

Having seen enough threads here, are you sure that we're mostly mature adults?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Trying to misspell or work around the censor to allow your cuss words to get through is against site rules. It will be edited if seen, and you may receive infractions/bannings if you continue to break site rules.

We have the rules in place because we have people as young as 7 years old viewing the site. Rarely should you NEED a swear word to finish a sentence, so it is in the best interests of all posters to avoid them. This may inconvenience a few for the greater good of the community.

Reactions: bos

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Trying to misspell or work around the censor to allow your cuss words to get through is against site rules. It will be edited if seen, and you may receive infractions/bannings if you continue to break site rules.

We have the rules in place because we have people as young as 7 years old viewing the site. Rarely should you NEED a swear word to finish a sentence, so it is in the best interests of all posters to avoid them. This may inconvenience a few for the greater good of the community.

But I almost always need one in the middle of my sentences. Or at the beginning, just to set the tone.:smile:

Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
But I almost always need one in the middle of my sentences. Or at the beginning, just to set the tone.:smile:

Throw a jimlad in there! Or maybe start with a made-up word, like "blammo."

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I think a poster or two in this thread is intimately familiar with being banned, anyway. :cool:

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
Profanity is a crutch for the uneducated; vulgarity for the congenitally immature. We are Iowa State; a place for education and growing. We are not Iowa fans so act like it.

Reactions: ChrisMWilliams

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
He can barely handle real words. We don't want him trying to make up his own.

But just think if it's the same word every time, and it becomes as popular as jimlad. That would be a good thing.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Swearing adds nothing to a conversation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US18DpeieVs&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Planes Trains and Automobiles.mov‬‏[/ame]

tamjam

Apr 18, 2008
Pants-free Avenue
As the great Conway Twitty once said, "Swear words are the idiots outlet for making a point. Patience and virtue are the true way to express yourself."

Man, that is deep. RIP, Conway! We miss you down here!

Reactions: Angie

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I've been granted permission by the High Queen of the message boards! Blammo!
Don't use it too much because pretty soon blammo will be banned as well. People will know what it means, and 7 year olds will be saying things like, "I'm going to blammo you up" or "I want to blammo your mom".

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I have to listen to enough people dropping f-bombs every other word, or using "**********" (I really hope that gets censored) as a personal pronoun in every day life. It's nice to come on here and not get slapped in the face with trash every time I turn around.

And by the way--most of the time, I'm not counting the asterisks.

Er--maybe that should have been censored better. I'll edit to asterisks....

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Would you rather have CF PG-13 or R rated as far as saying an adult word in a thread or reply and having to **** your actual reply?

Agree with those who say it should be uncensored, anything goes. I'd like tittie pictures to be allowed, too.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'd like to see everyone go back and list their age in their initial response. My suspicion is that everyone in favor of swearing is under the age of 35 and everyone against it is over.

There's definitely a generational gap as to how offensive these terms are. Personally, there isn't any actual word that offends me, and I know many of my generation feel the same. There can be offensive context, and offensive statements, but not an individual word that makes me bristle.

Status
Not open for further replies.