CW POD: Is pro wrestling fun again?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I listened to a wrestling Podcaster I really respect and he recently had his first show post Dynamite show.

He made the case it was the right call to show it because in the end it will help Perry.

Guy couldn't be more clueless and wrong on this issue.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I listened to a wrestling Podcaster I really respect and he recently had his first show post Dynamite show.

He made the case it was the right call to show it because in the end it will help Perry.

Yeah I don't see how this helps Perry at all. Definitely seems like it was Tony's petty attempt to make Punk look bad and they tried to wrap it up with the Bucks/FTR for cover. It was a stupid decision no matter how you look at it. I'm not nearly as down on AEW as a lot seem to be but I can see this being the beginning of the end if TK doesn't get his head out of his ass and let someone else run the show. The roster is loaded with talent and could consistently put on great shows with good booking and actual leadership in the back. It's awesome that Tony is so passionate about wrestling that he's willing to dump a ton of money into a company but he clearly shouldn't be running it.

Reactions: CycloneErik

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Yeah I don't see how this helps Perry at all. Definitely seems like it was Tony's petty attempt to make Punk look bad and they tried to wrap it up with the Bucks/FTR for cover. It was a stupid decision no matter how you look at it. I'm not nearly as down on AEW as a lot seem to be but I can see this being the beginning of the end if TK doesn't get his head out of his ass and let someone else run the show. The roster is loaded with talent and could consistently put on great shows with good booking and actual leadership in the back. It's awesome that Tony is so passionate about wrestling that he's willing to dump a ton of money into a company but he clearly shouldn't be running it.

Have to keep in that pro wrestling has become "tribalist", which is how it was in the late 1990s (before WCW really began to suck and WWF knocked it out of the park).

To those people that are of the opinion that AEW can do no wrong, within their echo chamber this will help Jack Perry, at least to an extent. But in the long run it's not going to help with ratings nor put butts in seats in arenas - because the rest of this see this as what it really is: a joke.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Have to keep in that pro wrestling has become "tribalist", which is how it was in the late 1990s (before WCW really began to suck and WWF knocked it out of the park).

To those people that are of the opinion that AEW can do no wrong, within their echo chamber this will help Jack Perry, at least to an extent. But in the long run it's not going to help with ratings nor put butts in seats in arenas - because the rest of this see this as what it really is: a joke.

Respect Jungle Boy!!

3253923-4869.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.

I hate to agree with Punk but seems like he's right about Khan being a clown and not a serious businessman. AEW needs to stop with the cute digs at WWE and just focus on their own product. Wish I was optimistic about that happening.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
This would be like if when Turner bought WCW back in the day then started doing booking. Like Turner did Khan has the money use it to hire someone who knows how to book / creative and let them do it.

But Tony's ego won't let him do it. Also having wrestlers in your company being EVP's is recipe for disaster, see what happened to WCW when wrestlers started getting some stroke behind the scenes.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
My bloodline guess, though I’ve been wrong every step of the way

- Cody vs Rock for the championship at Summer Slam. Cody retains.
- Roman vs Solo for Head of the Table and Rights to Paul Heyman at Summer Slam. Solo wins.
- Roman vs Cody at Royal Rumble. Rock somehow is part and in a shocker helps Cody win
- Rock vs Roman for Ula Fala at Wrestlemania

Throughout the process, Jey and Jimmy team up again and start working on the new bloodline against their brother Fatu and Tama Tonga

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

- Roman vs Solo for Head of the Table and Rights to Paul Heyman at Summer Slam. Solo wins.
- Roman vs Cody at Royal Rumble. Rock somehow is part and in a shocker helps Cody win

Throughout the process, Jey and Jimmy team up again and start working on the new bloodline against their brother Fatu and Tama Tonga

Feeling a bloodline vs bloodline war games match at survivor series

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I hate to agree with Punk but seems like he's right about Khan being a clown and not a serious businessman. AEW needs to stop with the cute digs at WWE and just focus on their own product. Wish I was optimistic about that happening.
This would be like if when Turner bought WCW back in the day then started doing booking. Like Turner did Khan has the money use it to hire someone who knows how to book / creative and let them do it.

But Tony's ego won't let him do it. Also having wrestlers in your company being EVP's is recipe for disaster, see what happened to WCW when wrestlers started getting some stroke behind the scenes.

That's because Khan isn't a businessman - he's a fratboy that was given an ungodly sum of money from his father to play with. Now, doing something like making a wrestling company isn't necessarily a bad play - especially at a time when WWE was a clown show itself, but after 5 years it's clear that his only play is taking shots at WWE - especially in a time when they've gotten rid of the biggest sources of its problems (Vince and his yes-men) and are seeing its most consistent success in nearly 20 years. In other words, he's a clown playing entrepreneur.

• Agree

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Feeling a bloodline vs bloodline war games match at survivor series

I know there's a lot of time between Summer Slam and Survivor Series, but I'm guessing interference that costs Roman that match will be what sends this down to WarGames.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
That's because Khan isn't a businessman - he's a fratboy that was given an ungodly sum of money from his father to play with. Now, doing something like making a wrestling company isn't necessarily a bad play - especially at a time when WWE was a clown show itself, but after 5 years it's clear that his only play is taking shots at WWE - especially in a time when they've gotten rid of the biggest sources of its problems (Vince and his yes-men) and are seeing its most consistent success in nearly 20 years. In other words, he's a clown playing entrepreneur.
None of the fake wrestlers in his eFed ever refused to do a job...

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Lots of credible reports out there that Minneapolis has a deal for Mania next year.

Nick Khan also announced they're changing weekends to get away from the Final Four. I'm guessing they go to Masters weekend because there isn't as much crossover and another week can make a big difference in weather when they decide to go outside in the Northeast again.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Another solid smackdown. If you told wwe fans in 2016 in 2024 there would be loud "We Want Roman" chants they would told you that you were crazy.

The new WWE tag belts look ****ing amazing.

Great finish with Tiffany Stratton interfering in main event. She's the future of the women's division and I'm here for it.

During Smackdown news came out about releases of Jinder Mahal, Xia Li, and Xyon Quinn and Veer and Sanga of Indus Sher. Releases suck but it's a business and at least in my opinion none are a big loss. Maybe Xia Li is the suckiest one but the women's division in WWE is loaded so a few are bound to not make the cut.

Last edited:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Another solid smackdown. If you told wwe fans in 2016 in 2024 there would be loud "We Want Roman" chants they would told you that you were crazy.

The new WWE tag belts look ****ing amazing.

Great finish with Tiffany Stratton interfering in main event. She's the future of the women's division and I'm here for it.

During Smackdown news came out about releases of Jinder Mahal, Xia Li, and Xyon Quinn and Veer and Sanga of Indus Sher. Releases suck but it's a business and at least in my opinion none are a big loss. Maybe Xia Li is the suckiest one by women's division in WWE is loaded so a few are bound to not make the cut.

I've seen a lot of people ******** on the Raw tag belts, especially after the SmackDown ones were released. The SmackDown ones are clearly better than the Raw belts, but it doesn't make the Raw belts bad - in fact, I think they're great in their own right.

• Agree

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
As much as I hated the spot (has Eric Bischoff/NWO written all over it), I give props to Tony Khan selling it in the Jaguars war room